Happy Thanksgiving guys......don't take it for granted

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jeff kushner, Nov 27, 2019.

1. jeff kushner

jeff kushner Full Access Members

I hope that everyone can enjoy a safe, warm, dry and happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. Whether you decide to have family and friends over or choose to go out, enjoy and reflect on the things that we all hold dear.

Be thankful for the time in which we live....it won't be this way forever. Everything changes with time.....

No, it wasn't in place by 1984........but then again, the Chinese Social Rating system will be fully operational in 2 months.....deciding job opportunities, credit, social status....

The entire nation-surveillance is the reality today in the US. There are camera's nearly everywhere there are people. There has been a huge push by Google(Alphabet corp) since they bought RING to incorporate entire neighborhoods(giving free access to owners), then sell the collective info and CAMERA VIDEO in real time to the local police departments! Don't worry, that neighbors camera pointed at your house? Too bad, already court tested and lost....(he can point the camera anywhere) so your home is now surveilled 24/7/365/ . You decide if this is bad or good?

Think about this, Alphabet built the Chinese system & they already have access to every connected camera in our country.....how difficult will it be for them to simply tell the software to switch to the USA-English, like a foreign lawyer does if reviewing American legal Word docs?

You don't think that was built in? Don't be naive......this is the only thing that some believe can prevent the eventual civil unrest, by locking down the citizenry.

People will embrace it b/c the News will promote it as good and that it will end crime. Germany gave up their freedom for security too at one time, well before the war.......however with the megalomaniac A.H. over-reaching, the citizenry was saved by losing the war. What about the North Koreans, generations born to believe in their Great Leader, or now the Chinese, over half the worlds population under complete surveillance.........

IMHO, this cannot be good for folks who want to live and enjoy their lives, free speech and free from the worry that every action will be reviewable by "someone".

jeff

762mm likes this.
  2. grumpyoleman

grumpyoleman Active Member

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin

Trainmaster and jeff kushner like this.
  3. MrSticker

MrSticker Full Access Members

4. 762mm

762mm Full Access Members

If it's any consolation, I have one of them doorbell cameras and the 1080p quality is only good enough to capture a decent image of a face from 10 feet away or closer. My neighbor across the street is pretty safe from The Man spying on them via my doorbell cam, lol.

I got this camera after some piece of human refuse stole over $1000 worth of Amazon packages right from my doorstep... the motion sensor in the cam will be very practical on getting a good mug shot of that piece of shit, should they ever come back. No more theft after the doorbell cam was installed about 5 months ago... even though I randomly put out some fake "Amazon packages" (with a surprise inside, lol) as bait whenever I'd leave the house!
    :flamingdevil:

I do agree that our Western World freedoms are eroding at an alarming pace, while hordes of brainwashed and spineless sheeple keep voting for the very same establishment who's behind it all.

But... Orange man bad, I guess! :rolleyes:

Trainmaster and jeff kushner like this.
  5. jeff kushner

Glad to hear this gen of camera isn't reaching to folks homes but like everything, the quality will improve. I have never had anything stolen from my porch/home but I might feel very differently if that were a problem here so no judgments from me.

Google is pushing Ring and their home assistant as is Amazon theirs.....

I hope I wasn't the first to inform folks but on Drudge, who is extremely rarely wrong, tonight; "

MEDIA-Chinese tech groups writing UN facial recognition standards - FT"

& Yahoo is carrying this article;

China introduces mandatory face scans for phone users

How soon did I say?

jeff

762mm likes this.
  6. 762mm

Yup, no surprise there. Total control requires total surveillance of their subjects... aka "citizens".

The trick is to cherry pick what tech you really need. I for one refuse to put Alexa or Google in my home. Same with Freakbook... never had an account, never will. Life is better without any of it.

Those of us who aren't retired yet all need a cell phone, it seems... but nothing prevents any one of us from putting a dab of black paint or a sticker on the front facing camera, just for good measure.

(except for that vain types who are into "selfies", lol...)

;)

jeff kushner likes this.
  7. grumpyoleman

grumpyoleman Active Member

Yes, and it is still worth the time to reflect on.

Whether it be individual freedom or self governance, if we give up any liberty, big or small, to gain a sense of security, then we have lost any real security we think we have gained.

762mm and jeff kushner like this.
  8. jeff kushner

Kerry used to provide a home for Foreign students. She had two different sets of girls, 3 in all who lived with her one or more years. She and they were very close...after High School, they all returned to China 3-4 years ago. Kerry would hear or receive a post from them all weekly. They all just stayed in touch. They ALL "went dark" this past Spring. That is what alerted me to the progress of their system development. Anyone up to speed on world events has known about this for about 2 years. It was not a hidden-agenda item for Mr. Xi but rolled out with the party firmly behind it, of course.

I found this linked from Drudge this evening and to me, this is very scary stuff. Look how the poor are divided out from the "good people". Indirectly and non-violently controlling every single aspect of your life, pitting everyone against the other by making them feel afraid to form friendships with someone "less than" or be online period ;

"Under its social credit score system, China punishes people who criticize the government, as well as numerous other behaviors, including;

– Bad driving.
    – Smoking on trains.
    – Buying too many video games.
    – Buying too much junk food.
    – Buying too much alcohol.
    – Calling a friend who has a low credit score .
    – Having a friend online who has a low credit score.
    – Posting “fake news” online.
    – Visiting unauthorized websites.
    – Walking your dog without a leash.
    – Letting your dog bark too much.

Back in August, the Communist state bragged about how it had prevented 2.5 million “discredited entities” from purchasing plane tickets and 90,000 people from buying high speed train tickets in the month of July alone."

Does anything think anyone in our country would possibly want such an all-controlling system like this here?

I'm just the messenger......this will define the next 4 years of our country.

jeff

762mm and Trainmaster like this.
  9. 762mm

The issue with government controls is that it's a "ratchet effect", 99% of the time... meaning that it just goes one way and never the other.

Take gun control or the recent restrictions of the freedom of speech (online platforms, college campuses, etc), as examples. You will rarely see these controls loosen, they only tighten incrementally until it's all gone. It's the "death by a thousand cuts" principle, akin to boiling the frog slowly so it doesn't jump out of the pot.

Cherish your American freedoms while you still have them, because there is a whole bunch of Globalist players out there who find your individual freedoms to be a big thorn in their dictatorial asses. The U.S. is the last real bastion of individual freedoms anywhere in the World at this point, hence the ongoing "War on Orange Man" (because he won't get with their program).

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    jeff kushner likes this.
  10. jeff kushner

We all know who wants this and why.....it's my extreme hope that this will be the catalyst for a defining moment in American history.....much like 1861. We took to arms and put down the side that was destroying the country.....seems time will come again soon?

jeff