Hauling cargo on top of the 2nd row bucket seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Utah Driver

Reaction score
I have a 16' with 2nd row bucket seats. Has anyone come up with an idea for a "filler" to fit between the bucket seats so that it is more flat in the back. Some times I need to haul cargo. Sometimes I throw a mattress in the back of my Durango for solo camping. The Expedition doesn't lay flat but I think if I can put something in the middle of the bucket seats then I could throw a mattress, real or inflatable, back there for camping. Thanks for any input. Trying not to build some ugly thing out of wood that is really heavy. Maybe some stackable containers would work.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fill it with pillows like I do mine. Buy the Christmas ones from Bed Bath or Marshalls. Cheap after season, fluffy so get extra. Some have LEDs on them but are not warm and cozzy :driver:

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's why I got the one with bench second row. I still have small gaps but I made some boxes to fit in there for emergency stuff, tools, parts, etc. I painted them black to match the rest and they have lids that pop off the top.

OP
OP
U

Utah Driver

Reaction score
I never thought of the pillow idea. Brilliant. They don't scratch anything. That way if I want to use the bucket seats I can deflate an air mattress and throw the pillows in the back. Maybe a box and some pillows. Thanks

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's why I got the one with bench second row. I still have small gaps but I made some boxes to fit in there for emergency stuff, tools, parts, etc. I painted them black to match the rest and they have lids that pop off the top.

Another worthless post that contributes absolutely nothing. You don’t even have bucket seats he’s asking about. (Or even an expedition for that matter)

Yet...you probably think you helped the guy because you’re the only ‘mechanic’ on the forum.

Your wisdom and mechanical experience is overwhelming on this one. [emoji849] Thanks for continuing to provide an unending stream of #%*! for us to laugh at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another worthless post that contributes absolutely nothing. You don’t even have bucket seats he’s asking about. (Or even an expedition for that matter)

Yet...you probably think you helped the guy because you’re the only ‘mechanic’ on the forum.

Your wisdom and mechanical experience is overwhelming on this one. [emoji849] Thanks for continuing to provide an unending stream of #%*! for us to laugh at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yikes, you are getting like the foulmouth farmer. Do you really want to stoop that low?
It was just an idea for people with the bench seat. Tell the mod I have a Lincoln, maybe they will kick me out........lol. :smiley-face-popcorn

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
when i planned on hauling something large, i have placed a piece of plywood across the two captain's chairs. it's not perfect, but it's functional.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another idea is to make a box out of double wall cardboard or 3/8" plywood that you could drop in there when needed and paint it the color of the interior.

Reaction score
I know you said that you didn't want to do something wood and ugly, but you could built a plywood box and color match some carpet to your seat color to staple onto the outside. A drawer slides in the box opening to the forward and you can still access from drivers seats etc even.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360