Headlight out

Discussion in '3rd Gen - 2007 - 2017' started by creef14, Jun 8, 2019.

1. B-McD

B-McD Full Access Members

I have had these installed since February of this year. Plug and play and fit behind the dust caps. Nice stock beam pattern but much brighter than stock. Especially in rainy/wet conditions. Perfect color match to the fogs. My neighbor has them in his three cars, Honda, Chevy, and Ford. No issues and he's had them about 4 months longer than mine. Amazon description:

HIKARI LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit-9005(HB3), 2019 New Gen of HIKARI, Adjustable Beam, 9600lm 6K Cool White,2 Yr Warranty

2. 16plati

16plati Full Access Members

Chinese..

3. B-McD

Yep. Knew that going in. Better to spend $37 on an experiment with a 2 year warranty than $150. We'll see how they hold up.

4. 16plati

16plati Full Access Members

Got any pics of the output and cutoffs?

5. B-McD

6. B-McD

Didn't take pics of the cutoffs on the garage door but it's spot on with the stock ones. The projector lens helps a lot. My son-in-law has a F150 with the standard reflector housing and the LEDs just look whiter and brighter but I don't think they push the beam down the road nearly as well.

7. Grover6

Grover6 Active Member

I went back to halogens for the same reason. Was changing out halogens every year, went HID and ended up cooking the ignitor on the driver's side after only a year. For the cost of one HID bulb and ignitor I can get several sets of halogen bulbs.

I am interested in LED bulbs but need more info. Most LED bulbs don't throw light as far as halogen or hid. If that isn't an issue I would look to change over...

8. B-McD

Grover - See my post above - the light pattern with the LEDs is much better with the projector style lens than the larger reflector.

Grover6 likes this.
  9. Sccritterkiller

Sccritterkiller Full Access Members

This!!! Had them almost 2 years no issues...300 for a set of good LEDs is a great deal...price some jw speakers or similar quality LEDs not Chinese junk. For the price, quality, and simple installation the DD LEDs are the way to go. FWIW I went brighter than OEM as live in area heavily populated with Kamikaze Deer and very few to no street lights.
    20180404_202206.jpg

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019