Headlight retainer spring clip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeZ

Reaction score
OK, so I replaced my headlight bulbs Saturday, and after driving at night I noticed the PS light was higher than the DS. I removed the headlight again and noticed that I had destroyed the spring clip that retains the lower outside of the headlight assembly. Does anyone know the part number for this clip? I have looked on Tasca, and other parts diagrams, and nobody shows this clip. Thanks in advance!

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, so I replaced my headlight bulbs Saturday, and after driving at night I noticed the PS light was higher than the DS. I removed the headlight again and noticed that I had destroyed the spring clip that retains the lower outside of the headlight assembly. Does anyone know the part number for this clip? I have looked on Tasca, and other parts diagrams, and nobody shows this clip. Thanks in advance!
You sure it’s nkt just the adjustment knob that moved? When I put my Diode dynamics SL1s in my headlights and high beams, I noticed the light pattern was off and found out the adjustment screw had been moved around on accident during install

OP
OP
JoeZ

JoeZ

Reaction score
Yup, pulled the headlight back out and the metal clip was a pretzel. Thanks for the reply 16plati. Sorry Chris, no # yet.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
There is no part number for that. Its comes with the assembly only.

Best shot is to hit a junk yard or try an aftermarket source

Last edited:
OP
OP
JoeZ

JoeZ

Reaction score
Thanks gixer! No luck so far, but will keep looking, JoeZ

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Would ya look at that... wasn't sure if I had any extra so I didn't want to mention it in my first post till I checked

PM me a name and address

20190328_203517.jpg

Last edited:

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Another thing I forgot to mention.. if you remove the one that is on there do not just pull it off. The plastic is slightly flared to keep these on, if you yank it off it wears down the wide area and they'll keep popping off. Use a dremel with a cut off wheel or a pair of dikes and cut the metal clip

20190328_212229.jpg