Heat and cooling issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mwright71

Reaction score
My 2011had issues in the winter, I could turn both sides up to 90 and the passenger side was still cold while driver side was only warm. Then in the summer the ac works but not continously, while speed at a light or even driving it can range from like warm to cool to finally cold. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any clicking from the blend door actuators at the dash when you run the desired temperature up and down ?

OP
OP
M

Mwright71

Reaction score
Yes, it's done that forever, sometimes when we start the truck without touching the temp. As annoying as it is, this problem is more recent. But why is it clicking?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, it's done that forever, sometimes when we start the truck without touching the temp. As annoying as it is, this problem is more recent. But why is it clicking?

One or both blend door actuators gears are stripped and it can't control the blend doors properly. Have to replace the actuators. If you have dual zone temp control (i.e. Driver / Passenger ) there are two actuators. One on top of the HVAC box (passenger side control actuator...) and one below ( driver's side control actuator...).