Heater core flush

Is there any way to flush heater core with removing house at fire wall

• Any

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustinGla

Reaction score
Hey any help would be appreciated is there anyway to flush the heater core without removing houses at firewall because someone tried to remove them before and broke the release clips

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
You can remove the other ends or cut the hoses and rejoin the with couplings and hose clamps. Not sure what year you've got, but when I flushed my 2000, I had a little improvement but the problems just came back in less than a year.

On those early generation trucks, the hearer core replacement isn't too bad a job. There's a video showing it done in less that an hour. Took me about three.

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are really convinced that the heater core is clogged, disconnect the hoses at the opposite end, rig some bungee cord to hold the end up, place a funnel on one hose and fill with CLR. Let sit for a couple of hours. Use a garden hose with a nozzle and shoot water through the core BACKWARDS. Just be careful where you aim the hose that the water is coming out of !