Heater core orings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have my dash out and the heater core removed.... hope to reinstall it tomorrow. Where did you guys get new orings and that plastic spacer? They may have them in an assortment but past experiences have shown that they never are quite the same size as oem in those kits. Maybe though. Will check that tomorrow. Probably a Ford dealer could get them... or maybe even stock them.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
o rings seem like something ford would carry. as for that spacer that too. they usually carry all the random stuff.

OP
OP
jrjr

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just talked to Ford. They say there are no orings available separately and I would have to buy the hoses to get the orings. I will check at NAPA and see if I can match them up with their stock. I also read somewhere that FORD uses a special grease on the orings during connection but the Dealer knew nothing about that. I plan to use a little silicon spray on them when I click them together.

OP
OP
jrjr

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Found orings at NAPA and have the core in place. Now waiting for a new blend door to come in. The old one was cracked in a couple places so there is no sense in putting that one back in at this point although it was working ok still. Seems like a metal collar around that would fix it but I don't think there is room for it.

Will Stott

Reaction score
I need the Center ORings for both nipples. I took off both hoses and the 2 center O rings had completely Disintegrated if you could point me in the right direction in what size or part # so I can get 2 of the center O rings I would truly appreciate it.

Davadid

Reaction score
I need the Center ORings for both nipples. I took off both hoses and the 2 center O rings had completely Disintegrated if you could point me in the right direction in what size or part # so I can get 2 of the center O rings I would truly appreciate it.
I’m needing replacement o-rings too for my front heater core which has kept me from flushing the core out yet. Cant find the right o-rings.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you don't have a leak now then you shouldn't after the flush just use the old rings. I did. In fact I have flushed multiple times and never had a problem with the same rings. I used the same rings for the same reason couldn't find just the oem rings.

Now sometimes when I took hoses off the rings stayed in the hose instead of on the heater core nipples but they still came out.

Once you figure out the tabs on the quick connect its super easy.

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/heat.37727/page-2#post-331369