Heater Core

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98EXeb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my way to work this morning I started smelling coolant. Come to find out my heater core is BAD.

Good thing I live in Florida.....Dont need heat..........

Thats a costly repair that Im not going to make......bypass it is.....lol

jdan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well since you are in the right environment then yea I'd say do the bypass to.
Good luck!

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
they are not easy but you will miss it some days even in Brevard. I live in New Smyrna and I put in my heater core a couple months ago. you have to pull back the dash which is not easy , but disconnecting the hoses takes a special tool and some skill. my advise would be to not destroy your hoses [the back one deffinitly] they are very hard to replace if you change your mind.

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
they are not easy but you will miss it some days even in Brevard. I live in New Smyrna and I put in my heater core a couple months ago. you have to pull back the dash which is not easy , but disconnecting the hoses takes a special tool and some skill. my advise would be to not destroy your hoses [the back one deffinitly] they are very hard to replace if you change your mind.

What special tool are you refering to? I live in So Cal, and I dont really need my heat either, but I do go up to the mountains in the snow, and ill need it enough to have to replace mine that just went out too.

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the tool is fork shape at 90 deg with a handle that you have to insert into the grooves at the heater core tube to hose connector. you have to push toward the firewall with the tool while pulling the hose away from the firewall. also you will need to buy new o-ring kits for the hose connectors as then tend to fall out and leak.

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the tool is fork shape at 90 deg with a handle that you have to insert into the grooves at the heater core tube to hose connector. you have to push toward the firewall with the tool while pulling the hose away from the firewall. also you will need to buy new o-ring kits for the hose connectors as then tend to fall out and leak.

Do you know what the tool costs?

OP
OP
98EXeb

98EXeb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If its colder out in the winter month Ill just dress warmer....lol

I had the bypass done!

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
where can i get these "o-rings" from? Dealer or local auto parts store?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik