Heater hose under cam phaser recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Password

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Going through this myself now. Dealer quoted a touch over $1100. "Hoses" are not covered by the ESP. Got my truck back after the 2nd cam phaser replacement and I noticed it leaking a few weeks later. The hose must have burst one morning on my way to work cause I refilled the trsovior the last time and coolant began flowing out from somewhere. I thought the adviser sent me a typo. I've contested and plead my case, supposed to get a call back tomorrow. Worse off, my original appointment was for transmission shifting (again), and it's been sitting at the dealer for 2 weeks. They were going to diagnose the trans before fixing the coolant leak.

Password

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the replies and information/suggestions.

Ford Customer Service called me back this morning and let me know they are going to pay 60% of the repair which leaves only $185 for me to pay.

Update: About 10 minutes after the initial call the Ford Customer Service rep called back and let me know that Ford is covering the repair 100%!!!
Do you remember what you said to them about the $185 cost for them to call you back?

zombielinux

Reaction score
Gotta say, not impressed. Ours developed a heater hose leak in the last month or so. Ford and the dealer wouldn't budge on the price.

Ford gave the standard "If Ford issues a program in the future to cover this, we'll mail everyone that had the Cam Phasers done with instructions on how to get a refund"

Until then, I guess I (and everyone else here) will just have to eat the ~1K in parts and labor.

theritelane2

Reaction score
Ford stealership in Mt. Dora, FL. (Prestige Ford) charged us ~$360 for the inlet and outlet tubes. They can be had for ~$150 online:

JL1Z18472B

JL1Z18472C

If you're mechanically inclined, this job (including coolant flush) should take ~3-hours. I had to take the passenger-side fender-liner out to install the zip ties in the same location as stock. Other than that, this install is pretty straight forward.

jjetjock

Reaction score
Just got the same call on my 2019 expedition about the heater hose problem. I had the cam phase lifters done twice. A couple months after the second time my engine blew and they replaced that under warranty and now I have it in for the transmission and my extended warranty is covering that. Around 60,000 miles on it and only maybe 7000 since the new motor. They called me to tell me the transmission will be finished today after having it for about a month but that the heater hose is dripping and needs replaced for $1150. I said no on the hose and will do it myself. They call me back and say we will do it for $564.92.
I tell them about all the problems this car has had and that price is too high and that I will do it myself. They said my car can’t leave like this since it’s leaking radiator fluid. So now they are holding my car hostage until I pay. Well I guess after my last four vehicles were Fords I’m done and will go back to Chevy for the 3/4 ton truck I was going to buy this week. That’s $106,000 they won’t be getting from me.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Huh, weird, I said this like 3 years ago when I had to get my phasers done. Ripping apart a pristine engine for a defect is bound to cause more issues than it fixes. these things are far too complicated for it not to. Could this be a way of recouping some costs of the actual phaser fixes? Just a hunch, but seriously, this is disturbing. Luckily it's been quite a long time since mine was done and knock on wood I haven't had any coolant leaks. What a crap show.