Help, BOTH dash screens blinking!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jumped in the rig (17 expedition EL XLT) to head to church this morning, and the dash LCD screens on either side of the speedometer began flashing entirely on and off. Speedometer and blinkers worked fine and lit correctly. Sync 3 screen radio also working fine. Turned around and drove back home, didn't want to risk shutting it off on sdie of road in case it didn't restart.

I shut it off, pulled key, opened drivers door, waited till everything powered down. Restarted truck and same behavior. Screens power on for 1 second, then off for 5,repeating this pattern. Battery was replaced 3 months ago, other than that and windshield wipers, everything is stock. Hasn't even been tuned for a year, which is funny because I was just thinking I'd load my 5 star tune back on this weekend.

Anybody seen this happen? 53k miles on the truck, it runs fine otherwise. I disconnected the battery as well, but no change in behavior. It's CPO but I don't believe that covers electronics so I might really be screwed here if the cluster is dead.

OP
OP
C

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is a quick video. Everything else in the truck works fine, even the steering wheel controls for the cluster screen. I can switch between options even when the display is blinked off. The great Google can't seem to find anyone else experiencing this but I did see a few people in the explorer forums with something similiar but not as regular as this is flashing. Drove for an hour with no change.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Never had that on my '17 w/78k....but good lcuk...seems like you've done everything I would have but now it's time to go separate and reconnect the plugs and connectors.

jeff