Help build my car wash and wax kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all, what's the best car washing, waxing and detailing stuff out there? Exterior and interior. I think I'm going to get a buffer too, but I don't have a clue what I should get.

2014 expy. Black exterior and interior. Leather.

Thanks for any help.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats an open question, and all about opinions... I want to see answers before I chime in!

Enigma346

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For interior I use Meguiar's only. When it comes to cleaning fabric, something that has gotten grease/oil and various other things off my seats was what is pictured below. Hasn't let me down since a friend sat in my Civic and got oil and grease on the seat. (He cleaned up before getting in. Obviously not will enough) But I'm new to this whole game. Let's see what everyone else used as well. IMG_20180501_172322.jpg

Plati

Reaction score
OK. I was under the impression that modern paint with clear coat rendered "old school" auto wax/buff unnecessary. I've never known anyone that waxed their car and I never have. Although my buddy with the Shelby waxes his, after he cleans it with white gloves and sterilized water.

Been wrong before, this wouldnt be my first time if I'm incorrecto.

I wash my 2014 EL with Dawn .... the 2003 I stopped washing, just hose it down.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
OK. I was under the impression that modern paint with clear coat rendered "old school" auto wax/buff unnecessary. I've never known anyone that waxed their car and I never have. Although my buddy with the Shelby waxes his, after he cleans it with white gloves and sterilized water.

Been wrong before, this wouldnt be my first time if I'm incorrecto.

I wash my 2014 EL with Dawn .... the 2003 I stopped washing, just hose it down.
Dish soap strips wax and anything added to protect the paint. Keep that up and I'll bet you see clear coat failure sooner than later.

I know a few detailers that do their initial was with Dawn because it allows them a clean slate. It strips everything thats ever been applied

Last edited: