Help, Relay problems even after replacing fuse box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve expedition

Reaction score
I have a 2003 expedition. PCM relay was frying out and I kept replacing it until that didn’t work anymore. Installed another fuse box and now the accessory delay relay is clicking and vehicle won’t start. Anybody have an idea what’s going on?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you install a new fuse box with the correct part number? ( 3L7Z-14A068-AB )
Or was it just one from a junkyard that just looked the same ?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just replaced another fuse box today. New part number for the '03 is 3L1Z-14A068-AA ( It's the 14A067 fuse box WITH the power cable...). This newest one comes with heavier duty Panasonic micro relays instead of the old failure prone Osrams. Expy fired right up with no issues. The last one lasted 7 years. Hope this one goes longer.

Jay_1

Reaction score
Any part number for the heavy duty Panasonic relays? I'm currently modding my fuse box and would like to use them.

Thanks in advance

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jay_1

Reaction score
Thanks hamfisted.

For some reason I didn't get a notification that anyone had replied so it's taken me a while to reply.

It seems that both of these relays are becoming obsolete parts so I'm curious which part will supercede them. Perhaps a better one?

Do you know if anyone has had the newer relay blow on them?

Thanks again

jp6940

Reaction score
Ugh.... I had this issue about 5 years ago. Pulled the fuse box and all fuses and saw the board was heated and slightly melted. Replaced a relay and it’s been working.
2003 Expedition XLT 5.4
Wife went on a 45 min drive and expy shut off-had to pull off t the side of road.
I want to replace the current fuse box (3L7T-14A067-AA)
With the most current one....
I want the box without the power cord....
It is P/N 3L1T-14A067-AA?
Is this the box with the Panasonic 20a relays?
We need to take our daughter to Boston University in 2 weeks!!! Ugh.....
Need to order ASAP.
Thanks for your help!