Help With Aftermarket Radio Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin0949

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Ford Expedition, and I wired in a new kenwood aftermarket head unit and it works great and the front two door speakers work great but the rest in the rear have no sound. Everything is hooked correctly as far as color to color. there is a blue wire which is the power antenna wire, left that has no where on the aftermarket radio harness to connect to? Everything works except no sound from rear speakers. On the rear controls it has a headphone picture and if you plug in headphones you can hear it. Dont know whats causing it, but any help is appreciated! Thanks
ATTACHED IS THE FACTORY PLUGS
aftermarket wire harness is the AXXCESS XSVI-5520-NAV

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have the factory premium sound system?

BRAND: METRA/AXXESS
MODEL: XSVI-5520-NAV
TYPE: AFTERMARKET RADIO TO STANDARD FACTORY RADIO WIRING INTERFACE
CONDITION: NEW (FACTORY SEALED PACKAGING)
NOTES: DOES "NOT" WORK WITH PREMIUM AMPLIFIED FACTORY SYSTEMS

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's in ur settings...on initial setup there's an option for full or rear speaker...u need full...also make sure u aren't in front only mode for multimedia

Mr. 10K

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also a great source for any prob is youtube...test the parking wire for nav and DVD functions while driving...put in DVD mode and u should get a message and it won't play...ground that wire to the case by touch and if it comes on ur good to go...just use one of the screws it came with to attach it to the side of the hu...done...nooooooooo need to by a bypass from PAC or from any site or install shop

Mr. 10K

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The blue wire left can be capped or u can use that fire remote wire for an amp...I just put a clarion nz530 navigation with Bluetooth in my son's 3-series bmw...I just capped that wire so it's safe tucked away

Mr. 10K

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
10k, the blue remote wire is needed in alot of vehicles to turn on the stock amp. generally they are not signal sense and if he has the premium model this will need to be used.

Also, several stereo manufactures are making the parking brake more than just grounding the parking wire now.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the harness that's used...its not used on my truck and the stock amp still turned on...I have pioneer so that could be the reason since he has kenwood

Forte

Reaction score
Necro post but I have an identical issue.

Justin did you ever resolve this problem?

2007 XLT with no factory subwoofer or DVD. Installed a Kenwood HU using an XSVI-5520-NAV. Have the headphone icon and sound through headphones but no sound out of the rear speakers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360