HID/XENON Upgrade on Halogens (NOT LED) - anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
huh - odd, my cpo ‘19 doesn’t have DRL at all - i just assumed the halogen rigs did not have, and i don’t seem to find any menus settings anywhere. does that mean it was turned off on forscan by previous owner? either way - i guess i won’t have to worry about that -

as far as the inrush voltage - you mean the traditional HID power draw “spike” at lighting startup? i wondered the same thing also - whether the ballasts smooth that out in terms of actual startup power draw -

DRL’s are hard to check for since you have to be in drive. The USA versions have an option to enable or disable DRL under advanced options>lighting on the instrument cluster.

Yes, the inrush I described is what you are referring to as a spike.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anthony, I purchased a 2014 Expy with LED lights and they flood the road but not much difference between low beam and high beam for down road. What LED brand do you recommend?

Do you have the single beam h13 or split beam? I have several different brnads and one set you can buy from me for h13 which have a perfect cut off point in the housing because it is only a 2 sided led. I use auxito mostly or JKCOVER (best i have ever used but sadly went out of business) zdatt is great because of the built in decoder and optional color filters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1111ExpyEL1111

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have the single beam h13 or split beam? I have several different brnads and one set you can buy from me for h13 which have a perfect cut off point in the housing because it is only a 2 sided led. I use auxito mostly or JKCOVER (best i have ever used but sadly went out of business) zdatt is great because of the built in decoder and optional color filters

How can you tell if it's a single or split beam?

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Single will be one bulb and no divider looking thing in the housing and a split beam will look like me - see the attached pic. The blank spot is my high beam that wasnt turned on in this picture. If you have a single beam the headlight will fill the entire housing with the low beam and be brighter with the high beam.
5c18b8e8f897db74ff74fe05907215ef.jpg

1111ExpyEL1111

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Single will be one bulb and no divider looking thing in the housing and a split beam will look like me - see the attached pic. The blank spot is my high beam that wasnt turned on in this picture. If you have a single beam the headlight will fill the entire housing with the low beam and be brighter with the high beam.
5c18b8e8f897db74ff74fe05907215ef.jpg

I have a projector low beam and a regular high beam.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It should still be an h11 low beam & 9095 high beam this is the kit i bought

AUXITO 9005 H11 LED Headlight... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088ZT28XY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Or you can buy zdatt’s but idk if they will fit in the housing though. Leds will work phenomenally with the projector housing. I want to but the projector housings for mine but they are $500 per housing new

1111ExpyEL1111

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It should still be an h11 low beam & 9095 high beam this is the kit i bought

AUXITO 9005 H11 LED Headlight... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088ZT28XY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Or you can buy zdatt’s but idk if they will fit in the housing though. Leds will work phenomenally with the projector housing. I want to but the projector housings for mine but they are $500 per housing new

I just ordered a set. They better work as good as you say! LOL!

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The housing will tell you what size of bulb to use: look on the front of your lights. As others in different threads have noted, the manual is inaccurate.

My projectors are HB3 and the high beams H9 (on the front of the light). Couldn't see what they were on the turn and fog housings, but take the bulbs out and look and see what they are. YMMV.

I believe 9005 is equivalent to HB3 and H11 equivalent to H9 (have not researched precisely what the numbers mean, doesn't really matter).

1111ExpyEL1111

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The housing will tell you what size of bulb to use: look on the front of your lights. As others in different threads have noted, the manual is inaccurate.

My projectors are HB3 and the high beams H9 (on the front of the light). Couldn't see what they were on the turn and fog housings, but take the bulbs out and look and see what they are. YMMV.

I believe 9005 is equivalent to HB3 and H11 equivalent to H9 (have not researched precisely what the numbers mean, doesn't really matter).

Yea I know I should have looked first but if they're not right I can just return them.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just ordered a set. They better work as good as you say! LOL!

For me they work fantastic. Especially being split beam and having Bambi mode on. I haven’t gotten my light bar in behind my grille yet but idk if i will with how far down road my lights reach