High beams + fog lights ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know there's a mod out there for 04-08 F150's called "Bambi mod" that allows your foglights to stay on regardless of what light setting is turned on (High beam, Low Beam, Park Lights etc....)

Is there something like that for the 3RD Gen Expys ?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont know...but if youre truck is anything like mine where i can set the auto and pull out the switch for my fogs to come on with the auto setting...or when i turn to fog lights...just pull the switch out...sounds nice to have the mod but your hand is already on the switch...just pull it out for fogs

IAExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know on the first gen they stay on when you "pull" the highbeam, but go off when you "push" it. I believe there is a mod I've read about on this site, but I can't remember the catchy name for it.

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought fog lights are ONLY to be used when there is fog outside hence the name "fog light". No need to have them all the time on.

IAExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought fog lights are ONLY to be used when there is fog outside hence the name "fog light". No need to have them all the time on.

Some people just like the look of them on, while others, like myself, appreciate the wider spread of light. I live in a neighborhood with a lot of kids, and fog lights shine under cars better for me so I can see if there are a little set of feet playing in front of a parked vehicle I'm about to pass.

2k3Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the second gens don't both the driving and high beams run when the high beams are on? I know the fogs turn off but they are kind pointless with my high beams anyway.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score

I run mine whenever it's dark enough for headlights. Nice to have the extra lights. Lots of coyotes, deer, moose etc.... with nice shiny reflective eyes that can be seen a lot easier with the fogs on. I've run into enough animals in my time that it's nice to be able to avoid them now.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i run with fog lights all the time. i wish i could have all 3 on at once sometimes. it gets dark in the woods and deserts. haha

OP
OP
T

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's really no point to it, it's just a matter of preference ... Just like any audio system install or any other mod we do to our vehicles, most of the time they're pointless.
I did the Bambi mod on my 07 F150, it was easy. Just access the Fog relay in the fuse/relay box under the dash kick panel on passenger side. Bend one of the pins for the Fog Relay and ground it and ta-da !

But it seems that in the 2007-2012 Expeditions they have the Fog relay (Integral) inside the Smart Junction Box. That's just a guess, I really don't know and I was hoping someone had already done this.