High beams + fog lights ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right bambi mode allows your fog lights to remain on, when you turn on your hi beams. You still have to pull the fog light switch on, and your hi beams when needed. If bambi mode is enabled, and you have fog switch in and lights on automatic, only lights on will be head lights, till you turn on the fogs and high beams. Of course low beams stay on when you turn on your high beams, they always have in every car I've owned atleast.

As for the old post about laws on lights. Its usually that they only allow 4 lights on at a single time. That's why manufactures make the fogs go out when high beams are turned on. The 4 light rule of course is old, and idk if even applies anymore with all these led light setups.

Sent from my place using Tapatalk

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right bambi mode allows your fog lights to remain on, when you turn on your hi beams. You still have to pull the fog light switch on, and your hi beams when needed. If bambi mode is enabled, and you have fog switch in and lights on automatic, only lights on will be head lights, till you turn on the fogs and high beams. Of course low beams stay on when you turn on your high beams, they always have in every car I've owned atleast.

As for the old post about laws on lights. Its usually that they only allow 4 lights on at a single time. That's why manufactures make the fogs go out when high beams are turned on. The 4 light rule of course is old, and idk if even applies anymore with all these led light setups.

Sent from my place using Tapatalk

Weird, the cars I have and have had turn lows off when switching to highs. The more you know.

one08xpy

Reaction score
I have an 08 Ford Expedition Eddie Baur. I have gotten mine to stay on with a relay I wired up.
85 I tied into the right high beam wire. Mine was yellow/violet
86 Grounded to the relay mounting screw. Mounted the relay behind the right headlight.
30 Goes to the fog light signal wire
87A Is the signal wire to the fog lights from the SJB Violet/Gray
87 This is the wire that goes to the Battery.

So when the high beam comes on it trips the relay and cancels the signal from the SJB on 87A. Battery now runs the fog lights that stay on with the high beams. When high beams are not on then the SJB controls them through 30 and 87A which is normally closed. Here is a crude diagram.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-24 150658.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-24 150658.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 3