High miles 2013 Expeditions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hansolo

Reaction score
Got my eye on a 2013 expedition with 200k miles, and the engine was replaced couple years ago at around 175k miles.
Anything I need to look out for?
(I don’t have much experience on fords vehicles, any guidance are appreciated!)

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got my eye on a 2013 expedition with 200k miles, and the engine was replaced couple years ago at around 175k miles.
Anything I need to look out for?
(I don’t have much experience on fords vehicles, any guidance are appreciated!)
As long as he as all the paperwork than everything should be fine. Obviously do the normal used car check:

smahaffy

Reaction score
My 2007 has 230k have only run synthetic now high mileage synthetic.
My Trans went out at 212k because my mechanic never changed the trans fluid.
Good luck.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2008 has just over 200k miles on it, still has original engine and transmission and no weird noises or any issues. Always ran mobil1 oil and changed it every 4000 miles, the transmission oil was changed every 70k miles. The car has been brilliant but there’s no denying it’s getting a bit long in the tooth, plan to replace it in a couple more years!!
as the engine is new, you shouldn’t worry about that, the question is how often has the transmission oil been changed (probably never) and how much towing has the car done? Towing can really work the transmission and cause it to fail prematurely unless the owner was very careful (disengage overdrive, not give it handfuls of throttle, etc).