Hikari led bulbs installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why would he blind anyone? They aren't in halogen housings. I've yet to get flashed by anyone. The level is the same as the halogens so I don't why it would be a problem.
It's not always or just the level of the lights / beam. Often its the intense glare that putting brighter bulbs into a halogen housing kicks out. That being said, I believe the halogen housings on the Expedition are projector? Should really reduce the glare. That being said, jamming led's or HID into a halogen (non projector housing is just rude). :)

Joey Smith

Reaction score
I just installed some Hikari low beam bulbs (Ultra LED HB3/9005) on my 2019 Expy XLT. I only installed one bulb on the passenger side to compare the beams.

I noticed the bulb was not able to fit and lock into a position in the housing and the pattern was not as I had expected (appeared to have a dark spot to the right). Will include a picture below.

I tried rotating the bulb but that did not seem to get the pattern to line up to be similar to the driver side pattern.

Did those who use the same Hikari bulb for the low beams have to do something to fit and lock it into a position? Any issues with the beam pattern?

Thx for any tips/guidance.

a86f9a5c7b66afc40945fcc11c1180d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just installed some Hikari low beam bulbs (Ultra LED HB3/9005) on my 2019 Expy XLT. I only installed one bulb on the passenger side to compare the beams.

I noticed the bulb was not able to fit and lock into a position in the housing and the pattern was not as I had expected (appeared to have a dark spot to the right). Will include a picture below.

I tried rotating the bulb but that did not seem to get the pattern to line up to be similar to the driver side pattern.

Did those who use the same Hikari bulb for the low beams have to do something to fit and lock it into a position? Any issues with the beam pattern?

Thx for any tips/guidance.

a86f9a5c7b66afc40945fcc11c1180d5.jpg

My Hikari ultra HB3’s fit fine and were able to lock in place. I think any beam pattern would be bad without locking in place.

Joey Smith

Reaction score
My Hikari ultra HB3’s fit fine and were able to lock in place. I think any beam pattern would be bad without locking in place.

Thanks! I took a closer look at the two bulbs in the package. One had tabs and an oring and one did not have tabs nor an oring. When I used the one with the tabs, it worked great and the beam pattern looks fine. I have sent a note to Hikari hoping they will replace the one that has the tabs and oring missing. Thx again!

Joey Smith

Reaction score
Just an update about Hikari.

When I sent a picture of the bulb without the tab and oring they sent me an Amazon coupon code for 99% off on the purchase of a replacement bulb. To retain the warranty they just needed a picture of the defective bulb with the wires cut sent to them.

Hikari made the return/replacement very easy. It is all looking good now.