Hillbilly Redneck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sgt Darkness

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Toby....you do know that in the ‘30s everybody from Tennessee took off towards Michigan trying to get a job at Ford, Chevrolet, or Dodge. Problem was that all the cars broke down in Ohio, so with no car or money they decided just to stay in Ohio. In other words all your neighbors and friends are hillbillies too just like me and you......:banghead:

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's exactly why my dad's father-in-law and then he came to Ohio. Looking for work. Don't know if they broke down here are not. The problem is the other transplants that came in snooty and uppity want to turn this into a place like Boston or other places.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They had 2 signs. One California, the other Detroit or bust. Apparently bust won out. Could you imagine every day, going to a job, where you bolt on the same part day after day, for very little money. No wonder the bars were packed after work. It was tough enough working on different cars and trucks back in the day, but it wasn't monotonous. Well maybe the heater core recall on VW Jettas back in 1994. Even then, I still did other jobs, like 30k service, brakes, etc. You do what you gotta do though to keep food on the table, and the rent/mortgage paid.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sgt Darkness

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I call that steam cleaning and I've done it to plenty of fuel-injected cars 2. I used to also run a can of gumout spray through the carb or throttle body while revving it up using about the whole can. There would be about a foot and a half circle on the ground underneath the tail pipes of carbon. The water works well and I've even used a garden hose on a fine type of missed. You just don't want to hydrolock the engine.... You could blow it up.

I haven’t tried the water trick on injected engines, wasn’t sure if it would work, so I backed off, but if you’ve done it several times with no problems I’m gonna “Pepsi” the Silverado, 38K and have only ran Rogane through it, so it’s time to get that carbon out!!!