Hitch cover replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TravisD

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a readily available trim ring to dress up the awful hole left in the bumper for the receiver hitch? The cover was a pain in the a$$ to get off, and I ‘d rather leave the hitch installed if I can find a chrome or paintable piece to cover the ugly edges of the bumper cover. I suppose I could cut a square hole in the stock one, but that gives me a little heartburn.

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a dress-up kit for any SUV with a hidden hitch.
Worked for Chevrolet for 2 years, and my dad has a Denali & never really thought about the aesthetic part of it.

Would be nice to have an option to clean it up with the cover off.
Following for updates.

Infra246

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea for a product. I don't do much towing but I agree the bumper looks like crap with a hitch in. Nothing some steady hands and a Dremel can't fix. If you mess it up you can always buy another one?

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Personally I would like to trim a full inch all the way around the hitch - always end up with scratches putting the hitch pin in and hooking up the trailer. And I would leave it open full time and ditch the cover if I could get it looking nice...

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Personally I would like to trim a full inch all the way around the hitch - always end up with scratches putting the hitch pin in and hooking up the trailer. And I would leave it open full time and ditch the cover if I could get it looking nice...
That's a good point. Looking at that image, I guess you'd have just the space for the chains to secure the hitch pin, would want to be sure you have enough space to get your hand in there. Bit of a theft deterrent as well, with no easy access appearance.
A bit of buffer room for slop in the hitch & inserting/removing the hitch would keep it cleaner looking.

AKDV

Reaction score
I plan on cutting the cover myself similarly.

BTW: Another interesting thing about that picture...it looks like a 35" spare tire with the rear bumper clearanced for it.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To me, it looks like that hitch on the overland concept has been just cut for a photoshoot to look clean. As noted, from and actual practical standpoint, cutting a bit more clearance would be likely the bet path. Of course, if you’re cutting your cover, cut small first, and enlarge until it works…

Who is gonna be the first to do it so we have a pattern? ;)