Hitch mounted Bike/Cargo rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pfflyer

Reaction score
I haven't looked into permanently disabling this but as soon as I put it in reverse it gives me an option to turn it off in the display. Doing it this way you have to disable it every time. This is for a 2014 model. Yours may be different.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's no way to do it permanently. I've been toying with the idea of making a fake plug to plug into the trailer connector when using my 1Up rack. Once the truck sees a load, it thinks a trailer is attached, and disables it automatically.

Tuck

Reaction score
Add a trailer in your settings, call it bike rack or something. Whenever you hook up your bike rack manually select that trailer. It adds a step for you when you put the bike rack on but it should turn off those sensors. At least I don't remember those sensors going off when I'm lazy, don't hook up the lights on my lawn mower trailer, and just select it from the menu but I didn't really pay attention either. The only thing it will cost you is five minutes to see if it works.

07mustangman

Reaction score
I had this issue when I installed a bull bar on the front of my 2017 Limited. The inner two sensors would sense the bar and go off every time I started it. I read a BMW forum where someone put the gripper pads for chair legs on the sensors. I actually put small pieces of velcro on the center two sensors and they have not went off yet.