hole in fender

Discussion in 'How To Section' started by joethefordguy, Apr 22, 2019.

Sponsored By: Car Parts
  1. joethefordguy

joethefordguy Member

I've got a hole cut into the left front fender; i believe from an antenna of some kind (it was a fire department police package).
    where can i find a cover/plug to put over it?
    thanks for your time.
    jg

2. 99WhiteC5Coupe

99WhiteC5Coupe Full Access Members

Measure the diameter of the hole.

Do an online search for plastic body plugs, or look at one of the chain auto parts stores for body plugs. I have seen packages of assorted sizes (made by Dorman?) on the shelves.

I’m not quite sure what type of cover or plug you want, but it shouldn’t be hard to find something.

3. MrSticker

MrSticker Full Access Members

Depending on the size, plenty of stuff on the internet ... Or even Home Depot.

I had a hole punched in my snowmobile from a collision. Just put a sticker over it. But then again I'm MrSticker.

4. joethefordguy

joethefordguy Member

almost good advice, I just don't know enough to make a good decision from the descriptions offered at the sites I found, from Amazon to Lowes, to specialty car parts stores. the descriptions are vague, the reviews are full of warnings about how to measure, etc. Looks like I'm going to have to go to a body shop.
    thanks for your time, guys.

5. 1955moose

1955moose Full Access Members

Go to Ace hardware. The bigger ones have literally everything. Theirs one here in San Francisco that has over 50 feet of pull out shelves that have every kind of gismo you can imagine. Best thing is the stores are small compared to places like Home Depot, and their nice people, they'll let you take a few items out to your SUV. I have 2 huge home depot's near me. I rarely shop there, too big. With my bad knees and back, I don't need to be icing myself down after looking for a stupid plug, or bolt.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Adieu likes this.