Homelink for Gates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Douglas Dreier

Reaction score
Hello there Was going to try to program the homelink for the gate in the community and the gate at my house. Is the process the same? Are there any tips or hints from programming those rather than the garage?

Thanks in advance.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Should be the same as a garaged. I replaced my garage remote with a gate remote because the range was very poor. Fixed the problem. Programming depends on the specific gate controller.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may run into the problem of requiring access to some sort of "learn button" on the gate controls in order for it to link up to a new transmitter. Usually these are locked inside one of the motor pedestals or the entry keypad. However, some in-car controls allow the use of an already-programmed remote to clone on of your vehicle's visor buttons. Either refer to the owners manual or, if you know the specific gate controller, use Google for more info.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, the learn mode is the same as other Fords in that you can program the system with another remote, the instructions are on page 166. The one thing you need to know is that the far left button is for the old style 4076 openers. The center and right buttons are for the newer rolling code remotes. They are not interchangeable.

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
Hello there Was going to try to program the homelink for the gate in the community and the gate at my house. Is the process the same? Are there any tips or hints from programming those rather than the garage?

Thanks in advance.
Ohhhhh fancy! A gate to your house? Big money! Let us know if it works