Hoping I made the right purchase 2018 Ford Expedition

Anyone else with a new Expedition having strut problems?

• Yes and this is how I got it resolved

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No and I ending up getting the problem fixed another way

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrhump

Reaction score
I gladly traded in my 2008 Tahoe for a 2018 Ford Expedition. Overall I love the vehicle, but am finding unexpected problems with only 10,000 miles on it. I learned during an oil change at my old “go to” mechanic that all four of my struts are leaking. Also, the top brake light 3rd row with LED lighting in full of condensation and many of the lights out. I took the vehicle back to the dealer for warranty repairs with pictures of the leaking struts. They confirmed the struts are leaking, but advised they have a service bulletin stating the problem should only be monitors for now! WHAT? I shouldn’t have to accept leaking struts on a vehicle with 10,000 miles. I Googled the issue and can see I am not the only one. WTH Ford? I expect better.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wasn't a hurricane car or anything was it?

This is why I'm wary of the low-mileage used vehicles many guys like. Why'd anyone dump it at <10k?

Or are they all your miles? If they are, wouldn't you be stuck with dealer oil changes to maintain your warranty?

Bill McMahon

Reaction score
I have a 2019 with less than 500 miles on it. Took it to the inlaws for Thanksgiving and then got a call from my brother in law complaining that the "new" vehicle leaked oil all over his driveway. Took it to the dealer, 3 of 4 are leaking. They ordered replacements, but they are on backorder. Would not replace the 4th one, even though the service tech admitted it will probably blow out soon. What the heck has ford done?

Bill McMahon

Reaction score
Update - front struts still on backorder, but dealer installed a new rear strut to help get the vehicle ride back to a safe condition. When I picked up the Expedition, service manager said he had good news and bad news. good news - the new strut helps the ride quality. Bad news: The new strut, right out of the box is leaking, as is the 4th strut that was not leaking a month ago. What a complete fiasco! Ford needs to do better

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man, every time I see posts like this I feel so fortunate I opted for the CCD suspension.
:confused:

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wasn't a hurricane car or anything was it?

This is why I'm wary of the low-mileage used vehicles many guys like. Why'd anyone dump it at <10k?

Or are they all your miles? If they are, wouldn't you be stuck with dealer oil changes to maintain your warranty?

In that mileage range it could be a rental that didn’t get rented often because our vehicles are premium rentals.