How do I just run the radio with engine off?

Discussion in '4th Gen - 2018 - present' started by Deadman, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Deadman

Deadman Full Access Members

I'm trying to figure out how to just run the radio on my 2018 Expedition without running the heat/ac, dash, etc? Is there any way to just run the radio like a normal car, or is this electronic nightmare not capable of such a thing?
    One press of the key turns everything on, I just want the radio on like every other car would do.

Anyone?

2. 95cobby

95cobby Active Member

Just press the power button on the radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boose likes this.
  3. Squark

Squark Active Member

^This. With the car off, just push the power button on the radio and it will come on.

4. aggiegrad05

aggiegrad05 Full Access Members

That is some next level Occam's razor sh*t right there. Haha

5. Deadman

Ok, so you don't even NEED A KEY to turn the radio on????????? Great idea, wtf! So my kids can climb in there in the garage and blast the radio until the battery is drained down...
    This thing is so smart it can't even put the wipers down when you shut it off with the wipers on. lol. I'm not sure if I should be amused, or scared at all these stupid quirks! lol.

6. Sgt Darkness

Sgt Darkness Full Access Members

It really stays on even after the 10 minute auto shutoff? I haven’t even tried it. Heading on a trip Sat for couple weeks and that might be something a person could use around the campfire. Thanks.

7. nate6966

nate6966 Full Access Members

It still has a 10 minute timer

8. 99WhiteC5Coupe

99WhiteC5Coupe Full Access Members

Did you fully read the vehicle owner’s manual?

I have a 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4. There is two accessory modes for the keyless-start. If you push the button one time (foot off of the brake pedal), all of the features are turned on. A second push turns off all the features you mentioned, but leaves the vehicle in accessory mode - to use the radio or power windows. A third push turns the system off.

My GM vehicle has only two positions for the keyless start / accessory system. On or off.

Highlightreel likes this.
  9. Deadman

I didn't read the whole owners manual, but I specifically read the key section last night. It says pressing the button once turns all power on, which is NOT what I want. It also says pressing on twice turns accessory power on, BUT mine turns on with press #1 and turns back off with press #2, so if I open the door to get out, then it shuts the radio off. I just wanted to listen to the radio while I installed my mud flaps and waxed it..... I didn't try the 10 minute timer on the radio, but I'll have to try that now....

10. aggiegrad05

aggiegrad05 Full Access Members

I believe you still have to have the fob in the vehicle with you to press the radio power button. So if your rogue offspring go into the garage to listen to the radio (as kids do), they won't be able to do so without your key...which is no different than a "regular" car.

So grab your key, get in the vehicle, and press the power button on the radio...NOT the ignition button.