How hard is dent removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tmg115

Reaction score
Well today sucked pretty hard...... We are having crazy winds with the winter storm today. I was on the parking lot of a grocery store and a car blew Into my car at full speed.

The picture below is the damage. I am so mad at the moment over this. I'm hoping a pointless deny removal place can fix it but the dent in the crease has me nervous.

Attachments

• 20221222_161134.jpg
    20221222_161134.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 39

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just have the grocery store pay for the repairs. Their property damaged yours

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and a car blew Into my car at full speed.
I'm guessing you meant to type "Cart" and not car. However, we did have some crazy wind today here in DFW so it's possible. You should be able to get that fixed, those dent guys are wizards.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can give it a go yourself with a pneumatic dent puller, but if you're inexperienced and want it to look like it never happened, take it to a professional paintless dent repair shop.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The damage would be covered under the vehicle owner’s comprehensive damage insurance coverage (minus any deductible and if they have the coverage).

ExpyNole

Reaction score
it's like you think you're the first one to try this.

Wind blew a cart into the car. They aren't paying for that. 100% guarantee. Store doesn't control the wind OR where people leave carts.

OP: The panels are aluminum. It may be a little trickier than steel panels, but a paintless dent removal guy will have a better answer than us.

Deep8174

Reaction score
it's like you think you're the first one to try this.

Wind blew a cart into the car. They aren't paying for that. 100% guarantee. Store doesn't control the wind OR where people leave carts.

OP: The panels are aluminum. It may be a little trickier than steel panels, but a paintless dent removal guy will have a better answer than us.

True. Also trickier as the dent appears to be on the crease. I would go with a pro since a dent removal tool won't be enough.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Creases are tough for dentless. The other issue I had is where are the beams? I had a door ding just below the door beam and it couldn't be done "dentless". Actually, I think it was part of the beam. Had to bondo and paint the door. Not happy about that. Anyway, $800 later it's fixed. Other guy paid for it since I watched HER bang HER door into mine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni