How long did your OEM tires last?

Discussion in '3rd Gen - 2007 - 2017' started by cmiles97, May 10, 2019.

1. cmiles97

cmiles97 Full Access Members

I've got 53,000 or so on my 2017 XLT EL that I bought used with 29,000 miles on it. The Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HTs have good tread on them still. I really thought the OEM tires must have been replaced before I bought it.

I started looking at replacements just in case these were the originals and saw the Goodyear warranty for these is for 65,000 miles (P & Euro spec) but listed as only 50,000 for LT sizes.

Many reviewers state that they got more than 65,000 out of them with trucks.

If these were your original tires, did you get 65,000 miles out of them? If not how many?

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  2. intense98neon

intense98neon Active Member

79xxx miles on the stock Goodyears and still looking good. I'll probably replace them this winter though. We have a 2017 XLT XL.

cmiles97 likes this.
  3. cmiles97

That's what quite a few theat reviewed them said. I'll hold off replacing them for awhile. I do rotate them with each oil change.

4. Trainmaster

Trainmaster Old School Member

Well into my adulthood, I'm realizing that the $80 Generals I buy that last 26,000 miles may not be the best of deals. Never too old to learn, I suppose.

cmiles97 and Adieu like this.
  5. Black

Black Full Access Members

I bought the truck with 46k and the Goodyear Wranglers on them were toast (I can only presume they were original.
    I made the dealer replace them before I purchased. I just pulled the Wranglers the dealer put on with 15k miles (rotated every 5k) and looked pretty much brand new. I sold them on Facebook for $200 in about 6 hours, guess I should have listed them higher.

6. 99WhiteC5Coupe

99WhiteC5Coupe Full Access Members

2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4, purchased new. Came with 20-inch tires and wheels standard, and all-terrain tires. Ford would not permit customers to specify all-season tires for the 4x4 models, when ordering the vehicle.

The original Hankook tires lasted about 43,000 miles - with mostly rural highway driving and very little 4x4 use. No towing or heavy cargo. Tires rotated every 5,000 miles by the dealer.

I purchased Michelin all-season replacement tires. Much, much better than original tires.

7. powerboatr

powerboatr Full Access Members

stock hankooks from day one i got just under 30k miles before they started chunking up and loosing rubber. Our roads are pretty rough with the high traction coating on the state hwys. its an aggressive rock size with asphalt

i was not happy, but it is what it is

Trainmaster likes this.
  8. Cy Webit

Cy Webit Active Member

I agree with the OP. I've got 52,000 on my 2016 XLT EL. My Goodyear Wrangler Fortitudes have a decent amount of tread left. I do tow a boat and often haul my family of 5 with a fully loaded car (with 60lbs roof capsule for skis/boards/etc) up the mountains. I also drive my car like a rental so I'm really happy about the tread life. I'm going to get another set very soon.

cmiles97 likes this.
  9. cmiles97

I'm not a Goodyear fan but how long these are lasting is impressive. I usually go with Michelin but will consider another set of these.

10. JohnA

JohnA Member

hey cmiles, albany. i'm in poestenkill. call me 286-9868 and let's discuss . I need tires too. 2010 XTL LTD, 140K w/f...ing electric boards (just replaced rt motor/bracket. Easy job, Chinese motor. works fine).