How long did your OEM tires last?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intense98neon

Reaction score
getting ready to replace the stock wrangler tires on my 2017. 62,000 miles and honestly could have probably gotten a lot more out of them if the pressure had been more diligently monitored. Plenty of tread left in the center but the shoulders are pretty bad.

That is exactly what our Goodyears were like, we just got new tires after 80,000 miles on them.

Cy Webit

Reaction score
I can't see getting another 12k out of mine (I just replaced at 52k), let alone another 30k. Do you only drive on cotton? :p

OP
OP
C

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't see getting another 12k out of mine (I just replaced at 52k), let alone another 30k. Do you only drive on cotton? :p

When I got over 40K miles on these tires, I figured I'd have to start looking for a new set. I didn't even measure as I was convinced OEM tires don't last this long. I was ready with pricing for the service adviser to come in and tell me I'd have to replace them. That way he could price match or I would go elsewhere for replacement. It didn't happen and the tread depth reported was good.

Then 45K, then 50K. I figured the previous owner must of replaced the OEM tires, right? No way Goodyears last this long especially OEM on a heavy vehicle like this and have towed with it too.

During the research on the tires, I found the reviews on these from multiple tire sites said they last for many miles.

I do rotate them every oil change and make sure they are properly inflated but still I am impressed. I don't consider them the best traction tires in snowy slippery conditions but I use the 4wd and drive conservatively in poor conditions and they are good enough. I also don't off road it beyond dirt roads. So I can't speak to the traction there either.

I started this thread to see if this is unusual or normal. It appears normal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update:
Although I was going to continue on these tires for the remainder of the summer and replace with the same, I saw this deal on Tirerack.com and couldn't pass it up. $143 for Michelin LT tires? Then a rebate? I'm in. Some of the reveiws said they aren't great in snow. Heck I used to drive late 60s and 70s rust bucket cars in the late 80s/early 90s that had no traction control or antilock braking with one wheel drive and usually 4 different tires and got around fine. How much worse could these be? upload_2019-6-12_8-20-20.png

ynpmoose

Reaction score
I was still running them at about 55k when I picked up a screw in a non-patchable area. I ended up replacing all 4 so I'd have even tread all around for winter, easier rotations, and reliable tires for towing. Previous owner must have not been running at proper inflation though, because the edges were much more worn than the center.