How to add remote start using forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmoqry

Reaction score
Hello my dear brothers
I have a Ford Expedition 2015
How to add remote start using forscan

153212507665082.jpg

You purchased a new key that allows remote start

153212507654631.jpg

Please help me and thank you

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Supposedly no need for another module.

Next step is get your key cut.

Then presuming you already have 2 functioning keys. You program your 3rd key using these steps.

Now we are one to the questionable part. Someone posted in the ForScan thread that they successfully added the remote start. Unfortunately they never returned and talked about what modules and digits they changed.

I have located this video. The only rub is that it is NOT an Expedition.
Though the first way he does it in the video is changing the plain English settings (so THEORETICALLY it should work the same) the second way is likely vehicle specific so unless you are really good with ForScan and have a great understanding of the Expedition modules I would not even bother trying the module and digit change.

I have not had the chance to fool with remote start yet and likely won’t until I get the upgraded suspension figured out.

But I do not see why using the plain English programming just choosing enable from disable drop down box won’t work.

Good luck. Looking forward to seeing if you get it working.

OP
OP
M

mmoqry

Reaction score
Very sorry for the late reply
Many thanks and appreciation for your help
I tried a lot with the IDS Ford and ForScan software and I activated the remote start operation but it did not work and did not appear in the Dash screen

I have a friend who does her work on the following cars
Ford Expedition 2015 to 2018
Ford Explorer from 2013 to 2015
Ford Taurus 2014 to 2017

But did not want to help me
It is programming and adding a new key that has remote start only

intense98neon

Reaction score
I just came here to say, I did what the video does (turn the remote start on in Forscan) and had 2 remote start keys cut and we now have remote start on our 2017 EL XLT. No modules were required.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just came here to say, I did what the video does (turn the remote start on in Forscan) and had 2 remote start keys cut and we now have remote start on our 2017 EL XLT. No modules were required.

Where did you get your keys?

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where did you get your keys?
Wondering if you've had the time to check the plain English, and verify there is a option to enable the remote start? If so that tells me the module must all ready be in the vehicles.

I would much rather do this method than buy a kit for $150.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wondering if you've had the time to check the plain English, and verify there is a option to enable the remote start? If so that tells me the module must all ready be in the vehicles.

I would much rather do this method than buy a kit for $150.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Has not been cold enough for me to bother with it yet. But will shortly.
The above poster says he followed the video above so I presume the plain English works just fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360