How to add remote start using forscan

Discussion in 'FORScan' started by mmoqry, Jul 20, 2018.

1. CHRIS HODGE

CHRIS HODGE Full Access Members

Will this work on an '07 to get remote start?

2. Expy00

Expy00 Active Member

My understanding is "If the Remote start option shows up in the FORscan menu, it is on the vehicle. Unless you have the 'As Built' programming entries for that vehicle the options have to show up in the 'Plane English' version of FORscan.

I hope this helps.

3. mquick5

mquick5 Full Access Members

@Expy00

Check the forscan thread. I added the fog lights as dtr lights, enabled bambi mode, 5x lane change flash, and 20 min cycle for radio while off. I'm glad you got the 1 key to work. Keep trying the 2nd key. I think after you cycle 8x's on and off, once door locks activate, you press a button on the fob, to complete programming. I also activated the my key option for my wife. This activates the low fuel warning a lot sooner. I left all other restrictions off.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Langer likes this.
  4. Expy00

Expy00 Active Member

@mquick5

I did keep trying and posted that I got the second key to work but don't see that post. :(

Here is what I did. I tried like a dozen times. Finally, the door locks cycled and I press the lock button while still in the ignition.

The button worked; the remote start worked. Then, to make sure I tried all the other keys. The other remote start key no longer functioned. So I used it and followed the same procedure again. This time, I pressed the lock button on each of the four keys and they all worked. So now I do have two working remote start keys and two backups for starting and door locks. I told my wife to carry one of the extras in her purse for a while, just in case.

A locksmith had told me is on at least the older Fords one could only program four key for locks and 8 keys for ignition. He told me to press buttons on all four keys that I wanted to use. And though I tried this before, it did not seem to work. But it did this time.

I hope this helps others.

Thanks.

mquick5 likes this.
  5. Expy00

Expy00 Active Member

I though I would add the 5 flash lane changing mode.

Thank-you