How to add remote start using forscan

Discussion in 'FORScan' started by mmoqry, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Langer

Langer Full Access Members

For whatever reason the key fob I have requires the sequence: lock, turnover x3. Not sure why, but it works.

2. Millerwelds1

Millerwelds1 Member

which menu did you change to enable the remote start in Forscan? Or can you link it?

3. Truckster

Truckster Member

I have the same question. I believe the video in post 4 explained this but it is now set to private.

4. Langer

@Millerwelds1

I believe it’s a plain English drop down menu in the BCM section. I went back to the first few posts of this thread and for whatever reason the video tutorials aren’t playing for me. Is it the same for you?

5. Langer

@Millerwelds1
    @Truckster

Start at around 12:31 if you already have forscan, earlier if you don’t. His is an F-150, so ignore all the hardware stuff he does at the beginning unboxing, etc. He goes into BCM “as built format.” At least in the 15+ Expeditions, you’ll go into the other BCM section (we call it “plain English” since there are menus with words, rather than lines of code). There should be options to enable remote start as a drop down menu. I think there are 2 separate menus, but don’t hold me to that. Make sure you save your truck’s original settings before making changes. I read a lot about forscan in the huge thread started by Loki before I felt comfortable messing around with it, so just make sure you’re feeling up to the task.

6. aagitch

aagitch Full Access Members

Just double checking that the only place you went in forscan was Body Module? I assume I don't need to go into hvac settings. Getting ready to do this soon.

7. mquick5

mquick5 Full Access Members

I messed with the HVAC options with no luck. Although everything seams to work, weather related. Ac in summer and heat in winter. Even noticed the rear defrost works, not sure if it's always on during winter remote start or not. But most likely is always on. All I did was enabled remote start in the bcm plain English.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

aagitch and Langer like this.