How to listen to Bluetooth headphones while CarPlay plugged in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sometimes I want to listen to Bluetooth headphones but also have CarPlay plugged in (for Maps). For example, my kids might be in the back sleeping and I don’t want to wake them.

However, it seems like I can’t connect to my Bluetooth headphones because CarPlay overrides it.

Has anyone had success getting this to work? Not sure if it is a headphones issue and not a car/CarPlay issue.

Thanks!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi all,

Sometimes I want to listen to Bluetooth headphones but also have CarPlay plugged in (for Maps). For example, my kids might be in the back sleeping and I don’t want to wake them.

However, it seems like I can’t connect to my Bluetooth headphones because CarPlay overrides it.

Has anyone had success getting this to work? Not sure if it is a headphones issue and not a car/CarPlay issue.

Thanks!
It is doable. Haven't tried in a while, but on my previous vehicle, a 16 Edge with Sync 3, I did it by accident once. You have to connect your Headphones after Carplay is attached I believe. Also be aware in many States it is illegal to use any headphones that cover both ears while driving.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do it all the time on road trips so I can listen to podcasts while the kids do other stuff. Granted, I use AirPods, so they may play a little better with CarPlay than others.

As @LokiWolf said, just wait until CarPlay is up and running then try to connect your headphones, should work

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks!

An potential alternative would be to adjust the balance and fade to the front left on the expedition.