How to remove black door moulding 2003 EB pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Genos

Reaction score
Tried posting this in the 2nd gen forum but figured I might have better luck here

"
Hi everyone, was wondering if any one here knows how to remove the black moulding pieces on the door of an 03 EB? Part number below if you aren't sure of what I'm talking about.

2L1Z-7820982-AAA"

Attachments

• 20230124_161826.jpg
    20230124_161826.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 8

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tried posting this in the 2nd gen forum but figured I might have better luck here

"
Hi everyone, was wondering if any one here knows how to remove the black moulding pieces on the door of an 03 EB? Part number below if you aren't sure of what I'm talking about.

2L1Z-7820982-AAA"

I bought a new 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 with the shiny black vertical trim (like pictured).

With less than 100 miles on it, a passing commercial gravel truck dropped part of its load and a large rock struck the LF door trim panel, gouging and scratching it.

I bought the part from Ford and had a local body shop remove the damaged piece and install the new one.

The inner door trim panel had to be removed, then the door glass weatherstrip removed(the one partially inside the door window frame).

The part in question was riveted to the door panel, and the rivets had to be removed and then new ones installed.

The body shop took pictures for me (which I no longer have) - to show how involved the process was.