How to Remove Power 3rd Tow Seats from a 2003 2004 2005 2006 Ford Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I was searching the net for a thread on removing the power 3rd row seats from a 2nd Gen Ford Expedition. I didn't find easy instructions or clear pictures for the procedures, so I went and did the project on my own and it wasn't so bad.I am posting up the pictures for anyone else that may want to remove or service their 3rd row seats.

Back Story:
I bought two identical (except color) 2003 4x4 5.4L Eddie Bauer Expeditions that need love. The previous owner of one of my expeditions was very dirty and messy, so the first thing I did was strip the interior so that I could scrub and clean everything while the parts were outside the vehicle. After the interior was removed I cleaned the metal floor pan. This vehicle will be much nicer when I am done than when we bought it. I think I will have a lot more to contribute to the forum as I rebuild the pair of Expeditions for my family to use. Here are the pictures of removing the 3rd row seat:

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure many members will be interested in your rebuild. Keep posting pictures as you move ahead.

Rockclutch

Reaction score
Definitely interested in seeing more[emoji41]

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm researching installing the 3rd row seat in an 04 Expedition. Here's the situation:
I bought a former fire department SSV which came without the 3rd row, so I don't even know what is supposed to be there. I found a used one on ebay, but they don't offer the mounting hardware. I have to mount my new grandkid's baby seats back there this christmas. AutoZone couldn't be bothered to look up the bolts; I'm waiting to hear back from the Ford dealership.
I appreciate the pictures, but I don't know enough about this to understand what the finger is pointing at.
What bolts, etc., do i need to mount the left side of the 3rd row seat (https://www.ebay.com/itm/282787415224) , and where can i get them?
thanks for your time.
jg

UPDATE: I found the entire assembly, bolts, belts, and all out of totalled 04 EB. BUT, there are two sizes of mounting bolts in the box that came with the seats. there were 8 longer ones and a buncha shorter (1 1/2") bolts. do i need the long ones, and where would they go?
thanks
jg

Last edited:

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like good progress. I've done this myself on a previous vehicle and when you're done you'll definitely appreciate the effort you put in. It'll be an entirely different experience.

If it's in the budget I'd spring for some sound deadening material and coat that floor. Itll be so quiet you wont know what to do with the peacefulness. A friend of mine did it to a buick and it was incredible. Better than a mercedes.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is nice. I did the same on my second hand EB when I purchased. Same results:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni