How to shut OFF Traction Control completely?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I have a 18 Max 4x4 302A and I have never really messed with the traction control (babysitter) until today. We finally had some snow and I was bored so I played around with the traction control button on the dash and it literally did nothing more than maybe allow me to spin a small amount. I mean traction control OFF in my mind isn't just traction control "reduced" like this BS is. Is there any other way, button, trick to get rid of the babysitter?

If it even turned sideways the slightest bit, the stability control babysitter kicked in and dumped the power and such. I want ALL this BS off if I select to shut it off, any way? Or do I just need to drive my Ole Heavy Chevy in the winter because its pre-babysitter?

I know it will default back to ON every time I shut it off, and thats fine, but I want the ability to shut it off in case I get stuck or something and need to spin tires. My stock 22" factory slicks are getting pretty useless, so I' bound to get stuck sooner than later.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Press and hold down the traction button for 8-10 seconds continuously. MSG will pop up saying Advanced traction control off

That’s as far as I got

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I have a 18 Max 4x4 302A and I have never really messed with the traction control (babysitter) until today. We finally had some snow and I was bored so I played around with the traction control button on the dash and it literally did nothing more than maybe allow me to spin a small amount. I mean traction control OFF in my mind isn't just traction control "reduced" like this BS is. Is there any other way, button, trick to get rid of the babysitter?

If it even turned sideways the slightest bit, the stability control babysitter kicked in and dumped the power and such. I want ALL this BS off if I select to shut it off, any way? Or do I just need to drive my Ole Heavy Chevy in the winter because its pre-babysitter?

I know it will default back to ON every time I shut it off, and thats fine, but I want the ability to shut it off in case I get stuck or something and need to spin tires. My stock 22" factory slicks are getting pretty useless, so I' bound to get stuck sooner than later.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its usually a garage queen on the snow days, but today I took it out. I usually run my wife's old sedan in the snow, it just do soo much better with snow tires on it.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
all i have to to do is tap it once and i can light the rear end up like you wouldnt believe, sideways, back and forth you name it. if wet or snow, it will do the same in AWD. i can throw snow roosts from all tires in sport with one tap of the traction control button.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
all i have to to do is tap it once and i can light the rear end up like you wouldnt believe, sideways, back and forth you name it. if wet or snow, it will do the same in AWD. i can throw snow roosts from all tires in sport with one tap of the traction control button.

The babysitter kills mine instantly with one push of button. It'll only spin maybe 10 mph and its killing power.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There’s only on/off in the navigator. I’ll have to see how much wheel spin it actually allows when “off”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even though you can turn-off the traction control, the stability control system remains fully functional.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360