How to turn off A.S.S. system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There was a thread on here somewhere using a WIFI OBDII adapter & a special software to disable the ASS system & other features
Trying to find it but cannoto_Oo_O

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look up FORScan, that’s the name of the software being used. There are threads on how to use it. Once off, always off. It’s nice to have control that Ford should have given us.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a simple way. Under the hood on the front battery terminal is a connector. It supplies power to the Auto Start Stop. Unplug it and no more Auto Start Stop and no having to look at the light on the dash. You will still get the indicator on the dash when you stop at a light showing A S S is not available when it would normally kick in. Actually was told how to disable it from my salesman, who'd have thought. Disconnected mine before I even left the dealership.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a simple way. Under the hood on the front battery terminal is a connector. It supplies power to the Auto Start Stop. Unplug it and no more Auto Start Stop and no having to look at the light on the dash. You will still get the indicator on the dash when you stop at a light showing A S S is not available when it would normally kick in. Actually was told how to disable it from my salesman, who'd have thought. Disconnected mine before I even left the dealership.
Can you post pics for those of us that or not mechanically minded?

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
20180712_125733.jpg
Unplug this connector and tuck it down in the battery tray.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone had luck with this? Did it stop the "Auto Stop-Auto Start" system? Any negative effects like backing alarm gone, etc.?

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't got close enough to anything to trip the backup sensors, but the side traffic alert still works. Time to check it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360