How to Validate Axle Ratio/Type?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bring_em_on

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out exactly what rear end my 2021 Limited has. The vehicle sticker indicates that it comes with the 3.73 non-limited slip as part of the HD towing package. However, the axle code on the inside of the driver side door is 3L which indicates that it's 3.73 electronic limited slip. Any ideas on how to validate which is correct? I lean towards the axle code on the door as being more trustworthy.

Thanks.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have the button to lock the rear differential next to the drive mode selector? That’s the e-locker button/evidence

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score

bcb97

Reaction score
The door sticker is not correct always. I have a 21 w/ HD tow and the 3.73 non ELSD axle. BUT, my door sticker says 3L. Hence the confusion of the OP.
That is confusing, yours should say 2L. Curious, how do you know it's a non ELSD vs a ELSD?

OP
OP
bring_em_on

bring_em_on

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I don't have the drive lock on the drive mode selector and I've not looked at the differential itself. Totally confusing to me why there is a discrepancy between the window sticker and the axle ID.