How to Validate Axle Ratio/Type?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I stand corrected. My apologies. After further research, I was trying to compare these rear differentials to the same systems that the F150 has but, that's incorrect. I didn't realize these Expeditions have an eLSD and Locker capability built into one differential. That really makes me ask the question, why they wouldn't put this differential in the F150's to give best of both worlds with an LSD and locker.

Again, my apologies.
Locked mode is simply the eLSD clutches squeezed at a high pressure. It simulates a locker. I’m not sure if a high enough torque differential would allow it to slip.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I stand corrected. My apologies. After further research, I was trying to compare these rear differentials to the same systems that the F150 has but, that's incorrect. I didn't realize these Expeditions have an eLSD and Locker capability built into one differential. That really makes me ask the question, why they wouldn't put this differential in the F150's to give best of both worlds with an LSD and locker.

Again, my apologies.
Because they share nothing in rear axle components......