Husky Floor Liners vs. WeatherTech

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pete6114

Reaction score
Once i get the EX, today or tomorrow, i wont be installing them till after the windows are tinted next week sometime, but i'll post a pic for you. I have them on my 150 and do like them better than the Ford stickons.
Turns out that Weathertech only makes the deflectors for the front doors and not for the back doors and am looking around at different in-channel brands available. I'll keep you up to date.

Gmas15

Reaction score
My 19 came with the ford all weather mats. They do the job. I like the branding. Though they do seem thinner than the husky's I had in my last vehicle. Time well tell if they wear out sooner.

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
My 19 came with the ford all weather mats. They do the job. I like the branding. Though they do seem thinner than the husky's I had in my last vehicle. Time well tell if they wear out sooner.

The FX4's come with both the cloth and the all weather mats. It was nice to be able to swap them when rainy season / winter started.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just purchased Husky, after using Weathertech in the old vehicle. Husky was a bit more expensive.

I like them, and probably apart from the differences noted in this thread, I don't think you can go wrong with either ones.

OP
OP
T

Ted Kramer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the Husky's installed this past weekend. Have to say, SO MUCH NICER THAN WEATHER TECH. I've been a fan of theirs for years, but the husky's are softer and look nicer. They cover every square inch of floor space. More expensive, definitely, but also a better approach. The weathertechs had a one piece second/third row. The husky's are two pieces. Very pleased.

CBlasek

Reaction score
Got the Husky's installed this past weekend. Have to say, SO MUCH NICER THAN WEATHER TECH. I've been a fan of theirs for years, but the husky's are softer and look nicer. They cover every square inch of floor space. More expensive, definitely, but also a better approach. The weathertechs had a one piece second/third row. The husky's are two pieces. Very pleased.
Do you have the captain chairs in the middle? Can you post a pic of the 2nd/3rd if you do?

mhExped

Reaction score
Living in the desert where it doesn't snow and rarely rains; I only wanted a cargo liner to protect the carpet behind the third-row in our Max. So, being frugal, I tried Husky. It did not fit properly and I returned it--apparently the mat was a tad too long, because the upraised rear lip would stop the lift gate from latching and it would open back up. To get it to latch, I would have to shove the mat against the seat back in order to provide clearance for the lift gate. I then bought a WeatherTech and it fits like a glove. Never had another issue with the lift gate not closing.

Strange. I've got an '18 Limited (regular, non-Max) and purchased the WT cargo mat for the trunk space behind the 2nd row seating. I've had the opposite experience with the WT mat.

Because the WT mat lacks anything tacky or textured on the bottom, it's constantly sliding around when we have cargo on top of it (which is most of the time) and usually it works its way toward the liftgate as described above. This is expescially notieable when trying to move heavery cargo around by sliding it on the mat - the mat comes with the cargo.

Though it's only interefered with liftgate operation a handful of times, it's still annoying and I'm constantly trying to push it back forward toward the seatbacks. I can't understand why WT (or any mat mfr for that matter) wouldn't put something grippy on the bottom to prevent this sort of thing.

For what it's worth, the specific WT mat I purchased has part no 401093.

mhExped

Reaction score
I have the bench seat in the 2nd row.

And, for what it's worth, I also have the factory floor mats front and 2nd row. WT 4412956 FloorLiner for 3rd row. No complaints with any of those.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking at the ford all weathers, it looks like the third row doesn’t cover the pass through to it.

thinking about the fords and then getting a husky or weather tech third row. Sounds like I need to go husky if I want to do that if the WTs are connected to the second row.

do I have that right or does the product line make a difference.