Husky Floor Liners vs. WeatherTech

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking at the ford all weathers, it looks like the third row doesn’t cover the pass through to it.

thinking about the fords and then getting a husky or weather tech third row. Sounds like I need to go husky if I want to do that if the WTs are connected to the second row.

do I have that right or does the product line make a difference.

From what I last remember the weather tech is a one piece 2nd and 3rd where the husky (xact for sure, as it's what I have) is a 2 piece.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok thanks.

Ordered the husky for the third row since it’s critical and I want it here before the truck arrives. Might just call these guys and tell them to toss a ford set in before it leaves. Think I’ll give that a run and add husky or weather techs upfront later.

Diverdown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the Husky's installed this past weekend. Have to say, SO MUCH NICER THAN WEATHER TECH. I've been a fan of theirs for years, but the husky's are softer and look nicer. They cover every square inch of floor space. More expensive, definitely, but also a better approach. The weathertechs had a one piece second/third row. The husky's are two pieces. Very pleased.

Is there a gap or bubbling up on the piece where the 2nd and 3rd rows overlap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a gap or bubbling up on the piece where the 2nd and 3rd rows overlap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The two picec Husky design has an overlap approach. I have seen there the third row overlaps the second row (How I have mine) and also where the second row overlaps the third row. I felt the first way fit flatter also allows you to sweep the third row onto the second row easier.

Red Raider

Reaction score
I use mats primarily to keep the carpet from getting wet. The hight of the lip around the edges can determine whether your carpet gets soaked or contained on the mat that can be poured out. Melting snow, 64oz coke, forget to plug a ice chest, among other accidents. The WeatherTech has almost no lip on the tailgate side. I left dumb bells on that end for a few days and it helped. The picture showing two mats is my wife’s GX 460 the other is from my new FX4. Maxliner changed their name to Smart Liner. I’ve had Husky, they may be the best (stiffest) but I haven’t seen the Expedition model.
upload_2020-2-23_16-32-54.jpeg

upload_2020-2-23_16-32-10.jpeg

Last edited:

Red Raider

Reaction score
Sixteen year old Husky in my hunting truck. Bought all three rows along with my Armada in 2004. Dirty but good as new.
upload_2020-2-23_17-4-12.jpeg

Blue limited

Reaction score
I have a set of WeatherTech for sale if anyone is looking... $280 shipped

Floor mats part number:
441295-1-2-6
Cargo mat part number:

75FB050A-10C0-4B92-BEDF-924E520D7150.jpeg

83B3E1DE-49E6-44EA-83D1-A5CFDB3B5C98.jpeg

4E4C01BC-FEC5-45C2-9B30-89009B498819.jpeg

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That weather tech third row in the pic looks like the ford one on the accessories website. Does the tab extend all the way up to the second row? I order the husky third row because it seemed to go all the way up. Thinking my kid will dirty that pass through carpet fast without coverage.
The ford one only lists for 75 bucks. 5e husky was 128 so if the area is covered I’ll go with ford.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That weather tech third row in the pic looks like the ford one on the accessories website. Does the tab extend all the way up to the second row? I order the husky third row because it seemed to go all the way up. Thinking my kid will dirty that pass through carpet fast without coverage.
The ford one only lists for 75 bucks. 5e husky was 128 so if the area is covered I’ll go with ford.

The pics above look like they are from a 2nd row bench seat, non-MAX configuration. I could be wrong tho... I didn't look up the part numbers.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3rd Row Husky X-Act Fit & 2nd/3rd row overlap

Which way looks correct? 3rd over 2nd or 2nd over 3rd?

View attachment 32547

View attachment 32548

Here's a post I made earlier in this thread about the 2nd/3rd row overlap. I believe ours is currently setup like the 2nd pic where the 3rd row is tucked under the 2nd. Either way seems to work tho.

Also, this is the best pic I could get of the rear liner to show how far up the edges it goes (without opening my garage/hatch and risking waking up my kids/wife ).
IMG_20200223_232949.jpg