I Miss my Knobs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve5472

Reaction score
I just got my 23 Expedition and love it (they really have done a nice job on the design, interior etc.). Having said that, my god I find the sliders for adjusting temperature, fan level, etc. super annoying on the Sync system. I really wish they'd include a knob/dial option as well. Anyway, rant over lol!

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have to agree that I would miss the knobs in my 18... I do like interior (front dash) better of 22+ though

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Huh? I get the annoyance with the big screen and only one knob. One of the reasons I haven't picked up a 23...cause the wife is not a fan. Likes the large screen but wants a few more buttons and one more knob.

But you are saying the rest of the interior has changed...It hasn't. The only thing that has changed Interior wise between 18-21 and 22+ is the gauge/dash area...in relation to the new screens, digital dash, and Sync 4. The rest of the interior is pretty much the same. 22+ was a refresh, not a new model...hence why you are still part of the 4th gen area.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got my 23 Expedition and love it (they really have done a nice job on the design, interior etc.). Having said that, my god I find the sliders for adjusting temperature, fan level, etc. super annoying on the Sync system. I really wish they'd include a knob/dial option as well. Anyway, rant over lol!

The lack of easy-to-use and see knobs and switches is a deal breaker on any new vehicle purchase for me.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm reading more and more articles that people are getting tired of these big screens and having to go thru (in some cases) multiple levels to do easy stuff like change the temp, turn on heated seats, change the volume or station. I, for one, will not be buying any vehicle that requires me to do this. No buttons, no buy. Yup, I'm old and stubborn.

OP
OP
Steve5472

Steve5472

Reaction score
I didn't say the interior has changed, just that I think it's a decent interior. My previous was a 2020 model and the 23 definitely is a bit nicer with the digital cluster, etc. I also switched models so the interior looks a bit different (red stitching for example). I'm just not sold on the Sync system and lack of functional knobs for things I change often like cabin temp, fan speed, heated set etc.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One of the reasons I haven't picked up a 23...cause the wife is not a fan. Likes the large screen but wants a few more buttons and one more knob.
Just don't get the bigger screen. Unless you want a Platinum where it's standard.