I need some Bilsteins. Is everyone OOS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When did you order yours? I placed my order last July. The fronts arrived but I've been waiting on the rears ever since.
My order was placed in early January of this year.

Savannah Dan

Reaction score
I ordered 5100s from Jackit.com on April 29. They got in touch with me and said it would be a few months before they had the rears in stock to ship. They were delivered today. Now I have to find my notes on where I wanted to put the slip rings before I install them.

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I still haven’t even driven an Expedition yet other than my test drive so understand that’s where I’m coming from. But what is the deal with the Bilsteins? Are they just far an away the best option for replacement? Or do the Expy’s just come with especially bad shocks or is it both? Just seems like everyone is pretty well raving fans of those. Just curious.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I still haven’t even driven an Expedition yet other than my test drive so understand that’s where I’m coming from. But what is the deal with the Bilsteins? Are they just far an away the best option for replacement? Or do the Expy’s just come with especially bad shocks or is it both? Just seems like everyone is pretty well raving fans of those. Just curious.
Supposedly they're stiffer and more durable than alternatives. They also have adjustable spring perches for ride height adjustment. I put KYBs on my rear and have no complaints. Airing to 65 psi when towing planted the rear enough for me.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had 4 leaking factory shocks at something like 11k miles that were replaced under warranty. By 60k miles 3 of the replacements were leaking. I went with Bilsteins because I tow a travel trailer and they have a good reputation for handling and durability. There also aren't many aftermarket options for the Expedition.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The Ford shocks are trash, especially the rears. I went through several sets in the rear by ~100k. My mom had both of her rear shocks blow out around 10k. I've had my Bilsteins on there for about 100k now and they're still holding strong.

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Appreciate the info everyone. I’m going to be towing a 5,500 lb boat around so this will probably matter to me. Thanks!