I will be adding wire loop 3rd row seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I move mine up every time I go to the grocery store... I haven't heard the same noises yours is making though. Maybe yours was a Friday built truck? Though mine was a about to halt production due to covid truck so... :eek:

It looks like there are clips holding the wire, is there no extra slack to pull out?

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I gotta check mine and see how they are ran. This is becoming a weekly episodic adventure with you... what’s the next episode on?

Im beginning to think @Vipersinu2 should have bought another vehicle...or none all together.
I wonder how many times you have to put the seat up and down to wear thru the wire loop cloth...and then the insulation. I think ive put my seat (fully up and down less than half a dozen times....and most of those were to show other folks how large the cargo area was when the seats are UP.

put some spilt loom around the wires for extra protection and call it a day.

The Wiped Cam

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's a trademarked name for that sheathing (eludes my mind right now), but it is supposed to resist damage from chafing--and any heat that is generated from such an event. Still, the setup appears to have been engineered moronically.

Teasip

Reaction score
I had something similar on my 2018 Expedition. Similar but not quite the same. The rotating shaft on the left seat was really wobbly on mine. This was soon after having purchased. Took it to the dealer, they said the seat bracket was bent somehow during factory installation so they ordered a new seat bracket assembly etc. and replaced.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's a trademarked name for that sheathing (eludes my mind right now), but it is supposed to resist damage from chafing--and any heat that is generated from such an event. Still, the setup appears to have been engineered moronically.

Tesa Tape? One of the benefits/reasons of Tesa Tapes extremely durable backing is its superior NVH properties - its virtually noise-free whenever the wrapped wires flex, move, or when anything moves against them, either by design or incidentally.

Split plastic loom (aka wire loop?) on the other hand, while popular with teenage stereo installers, isn't quiet at all, which probably 'splains why them injuneerin' type linkon folks didn't use it.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will be adding wire loom, this really chaps my ass. What the hell are the engineers thinking!

Has me thinking what else if designed as poorly as this.

You just cant make it up folks

View attachment 36115
I finally got around to check mine and they are ran the same way but there is enough slack that they do not make contact with anything. My Navigator Reserve build date was 12/2017 for what it’s worth, it’s a early gen 4 build.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 18 Expedition wires don't touch that shaft, but I did put loom on them to prevent it if they ever touch....