I'm about to install a Magna-charger on my 2008 Expedition Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hd Steve

Reaction score
I bought the expedition 3.5 yrs ago with 100k miles on it. For the most part it has been a great suv for me, my wife, 3 young boys and 2 great danes...

About a yr after owning it i installed a 3" spacer lift kit, BDS upper A-arms, bilstein shocks and moog lower ball joints, tie rod links. And after the front and rear sway bar links let go, i installed new poly sway bar links that were of proper lengths to realign the sway bar. Next i found some 2017 factory ford 20" rims and had some 33x12.5r20 Fury country hunter R/T ties...

Right around this time i found a killer deal on the 1.8 litter supercharger kit from magnacharger. At this point i gave the transmission a complete 20quart flush and new filter... The extra 3 quarts came from the 2010 f550 transmission cooler i installed in place of the factory cooler. Feeling that that still might not be enough i installed 2 pusher fan's in the front of all the cooler... Yes i kept the the mechanical puller fan... The pushers are mostly for the stop and go city driving... I stay in Henderson Nv so the summer temps will see 110+ temps for months on in... To top it all of i also installed a Rugged Ridge hood luver to help vent some of the under hood temp...

So the blower is fully rebuilt with all new bearings,seals and all new belts. I upgraded the intercooler to a much larger cooler that fits perfectly in the lower vent built into the front bumper. The plastic intercooler reservoir was also upgraded to much larger all aluminum tank...

Im now to the point of installation, however do to the pandemic i cant find a local shop to spend the day putting a proper dyno tune on it once i install the Magnacharger kit...

Did i mention the expedition now has 149k miles on it...

20191202_131116.jpg

20191202_131016.jpg

20191202_130921.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hd Steve

Reaction score
I dropped the blower on today! Well i actually put it on snapped a bolt in the head, pulled it back off extracted the bolt; reinstalled it and bolt it down for good. Then moved on to installing the belt... Holy f***! It was super tight and hard to put on... The tentioner is almost maxed out. Is that normal?

The kit is for a 2004-2008 f150... So i foresee modifications in my expeditions future...

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm guessing the 1.8 is a good start. Kinda figure its on the small size... but either way looks like a fun time.

I'm guessing you'll be running 8 to 10 psi ??

OP
OP
H

Hd Steve

Reaction score
It is a 1.8ltr Eaton blower with a 3" pulley... Should be good for 10psi of boost. All i have left to install is the intercooler pump and then the plumbing. I upgraded the intercooler... The 1 that came with the kit was tiny, so i found a more properly proportioned 1...

I know the mounts look crude, but they work well... Finding a spot for the intercooler reservoir was difficult. The space available was limited... Lol... I'm starting to feel a bit like MadMax...

A few more pics of my progress, coming soon...

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
image.jpg
It is a 1.8ltr Eaton blower with a 3" pulley... Should be good for 10psi of boost. All i have left to install is the intercooler pump and then the plumbing. I upgraded the intercooler... The 1 that came with the kit was tiny, so i found a more properly proportioned 1...

I know the mounts look crude, but they work well... Finding a spot for the intercooler reservoir was difficult. The space available was limited... Lol... I'm starting to feel a bit like MadMax...

A few more pics of my progress, coming soon...
Cool! You are gonna need a Blue Heeler like my girl “Blue” if you’re gonna pull off the whole Mad Max thing!