Im back, this time with a 2020 navigator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wifey and i were looking for a bigger vehicle to supplement her new cx9, so went looking. The intent was to get a 22 expy as she didn't care for the new gms or the wagoneer. After driving a nav and expy back to back, both 22s, she really wanted the navigator. However, we were looking for the standard trim, which were exceedingly rare, and noone wanted to lower the price on. We weren't in a rush, but I happen to stumble on a 2020 nav reserve at a dealer by the base. The miles were high, but we wanted to see the difference btw pre and post refresh and go from there, no intention of buying. After some "haggling", ended up driving out with it for 2k less than asking price (mvp - 57k, dsp - 53k, otd - 50k) to include a 5 yr unlimited mile warranty.

Loving it so far. The outside looks perfect so far. The inside has some cosmetic peeling on both console chrome trimming, but nothing crazy. Its also missing the front console tray. The seats are sublime and this is without the massage (it has 24 way), the base revel system is amazing (I haven't heard the 20 spk, but the 28 spkr system is one of if not the best system we've heard in a vehicle so far), the ride is crazy good, and it's actually easier to navigate the old sync 3 than I remember it being. No clattering upon start up, no lights. And no weird tranny stuff that my 18 expy used to do.

There are a cpl of things I think i gotta take it back for but they aren't big things. The glove box seems to be stuck on the right side, you have to push the door in for it to open. Also, the USB module doesn't seem very reliable, it will read USB drives, but anything will stop it from doing so.

Next, going to get the front windows match tinted, and see if I can get the wheels chrome dipped since I'm in the minority that likes chrome wheels. Also, debating on getting the rear sway bar if it helps with the rear rebounding.

Hoping for many smooth and easy years with Shadow. Its been raining since I got the car, will post pics after I get him in some soap and water.

Last edited:

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wifey and i were looking for a bigger vehicle to supplement her new cx9, so went looking. The intent was to get a 22 expy as she didn't care for the new gms or the wagoneer. After driving a nav and expy back to back, both 22s, she really wanted the navigator. However, we were looking for the standard trim, which were exceedingly rare, and noone wanted to lower the price on. We weren't in a rush, but I happen to stumble on a 2020 nav reserve at a dealer by the base. The miles were high, but we wanted to see the difference btw pre and post refresh and go from there, no intention of buying. After some "haggling", ended up driving out with it for 2k less than asking price (mvp - 57k, dsp - 53k, otd - 50k) to include a 5 yr unlimited mile warranty.

Loving it so far.

welcome back to the big family truck. You remember we shared a couple of posts on the likes of the CX9 which we did trade for the Max earlier this year. Family is loving the space and ride of the Expedition so far. The only practical issue for me is that I have to start teaching the kids soon - Hmmm, Expedition Max or 6 speed Mustang Mach 1? I may have to find an old beater just for that purpose....

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Loving it so far. The outside looks perfect so far. The inside has some cosmetic peeling on both console chrome trimming, but nothing crazy. Its also missing the front console tray. The seats are sublime and this is without the massage (it has 24 way), the base revel system is amazing (I haven't heard the 20 spk, but the 28 spkr system is one of if not the best system we've heard in a vehicle so far), the ride is crazy good, and it's actually easier to navigate the old sync 3 than I remember it being. No clattering upon start up, no lights. And no weird tranny stuff that my 18 expy used to do.

There are a cpl of things I think i gotta take it back for but they aren't big things. The glove box seems to be stuck on the right side, you have to push the door in for it to open. Also, the USB module doesn't seem very reliable, it will read USB drives, but anything will stop it from doing so.

Next, going to get the front windows match tinted, and see if I can get the wheels chrome dipped since I'm in the minority that likes chrome wheels. Also, debating on getting the rear sway bar if it helps with the rear rebounding.

Hoping for many smooth and easy years with Shadow. Its been raining since I got the car, will post pics after I get him in some soap and water.
Welcome back!

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
welcome back to the big family truck. You remember we shared a couple of posts on the likes of the CX9 which we did trade for the Max earlier this year. Family is loving the space and ride of the Expedition so far. The only practical issue for me is that I have to start teaching the kids soon - Hmmm, Expedition Max or 6 speed Mustang Mach 1? I may have to find an old beater just for that purpose....
We still love the cx9, but I can tell you (as you know now) that you can't beat a fs suv for cruising. It's just so smooth.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a steering wheel cover that comes in 2 pieces. Ours is suede. You can get them in many different materials and colors.
I like it alot, it's not as bulking and heavy as the traditional steering wheel cover and does a good job protecting the wheel.