Install headrest video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aagitch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But the radio will run with the key in the off position granted only for a short period of time or until the door is opened.
Correct, which is not a problem for me. I've never had a situation where I sat in the vehicle with the ignition off just listening to the radio or watching dvd. It would be running with either a/c on or the heater on.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct, which is not a problem for me. I've never had a situation where I sat in the vehicle with the ignition off just listening to the radio or watching dvd. It would be running with either a/c on or the heater on.

But if there is power to the radio when the key is off how is this a switched power fuse?

aagitch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At least on my expy, when you open the door after shutting the vehicle off, there is no longer power to the fuse for the radio. If you choose to stay in the vehicle and don't open the door, power will remain for the radio for certain amount of minutes. Not sure if it's technically a switched power source but it works perfect for a dvd system etc in my opinion. Not many people will just sit in the vehicle with the motor off, ignition off, and want to watch a movie

mamores24

Reaction score
Following along in case anyone came up with a solution. I had RSE system installed but the installer tapped into an accessory line that when the Run/Stop feature is active it will power off the RSE when the break is released. So my options are either a line voltage stabilizer (as recommended by Voxx) or a different line which I thought fuse 46 (Engine compartment) would be good unless there was another fuse inside (passenger compartment)