Instrument cluster screen always resets to the same thing at restart?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Hi all,

I usually like having the digital speedometer as my default screen. However, just last week, it started always displaying the same towing screen at start up regardless of what it showed when the car was shut off.

Anyone seen this behavior before? Not sure why it started happening all of the sudden!

Thanks in advance!

Greg Parker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same here ...haven't really dug into it, but interested in what kind of feedback comes from this thread.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ran into this as well and another quick way to solve it is to plug a trailer light tester into the 7 pin plug, turn on the ignition (make sure the lights on the tester light up) and remove it while the ignition is still on. This will disable the trailer. in the IP Cycle ignition and the trailer screen issue should be gone.

Steve Z

Reaction score
Same here hard to get rid of the towing screen. Thanks for the solutions, will try those this evening.

Reaction score
Got an 18 used and had a few trailers setup. After going through and deleting trailers, the trailer screen stopped showing up, but now it seems to always default to the off-road screen. Even when I select the digital speedometer as my favorite screen, on next start up, it goes to the off-road screen. Funny enough, that screen is set up also on my favorites and its the last screen at the bottom. I am going to change the order of the favorite screens and see what comes up next start.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can y
Got an 18 used and had a few trailers setup. After going through and deleting trailers, the trailer screen stopped showing up, but now it seems to always default to the off-road screen. Even when I select the digital speedometer as my favorite screen, on next start up, it goes to the off-road screen. Funny enough, that screen is set up also on my favorites and its the last screen at the bottom. I am going to change the order of the favorite screens and see what comes up next start.
Can you post a picture of the screen? The default towing screen looks very similar to the off-road screen.

If it isn’t the towing screen, then it will always bring up the last screen viewed before shutting off the vehicle.

Reaction score
Can y

Can you post a picture of the screen? The default towing screen looks very similar to the off-road screen.

If it isn’t the towing screen, then it will always bring up the last screen viewed before shutting off the vehicle.

I did not take a picture of the screen but it was the one that shows the power applied to each wheel. This morning when I got to work, i set the fuel economy screen. Then when I got in to go to lunch, to my surprise, i got the fuel economy screen. All day yesterday it will always go to the same off-road screen and today it worked. Being a programmer, I know it was user error as programs don't fix themselves :angry94:. Either-way, It seems to be OK now. Just need to learn to use this thing.

lefty hack

Reaction score
If it’s the tow screen you need to “tell” it that there isn’t a trailer hooked up. Not sure what the technical terminology is but go to the tow screen and select that there is no trailer attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk