Intelligent access door handles not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zoey2015

Reaction score
The Intelligent Access door handle on the front passenger and both rear doors don't work anymore on my 2018 Limited. I used to be able to lock and unlock the doors from any one of the four handles until 3 days ago. I now can only do that on the driver's side door. I tried both key fobs with new batteries and without anything else such as a cell phone in me. Suggestions before I take it to a dealer?
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There might be a setting in the SYNC software. I have not checked, but I know my wife's Honda has the option to unlock all doors or just the driver side door. This is for security reasons. If only the driver door is unlocked, then no one can sneak in in a darker area.

Again, I'm not sure that Ford put that as an option or not.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There might be a setting in the SYNC software. I have not checked, but I know my wife's Honda has the option to unlock all doors or just the driver side door. This is for security reasons. If only the driver door is unlocked, then no one can sneak in in a darker area.

Again, I'm not sure that Ford put that as an option or not.
There is a setting on my Navigator for drivers door or all four doors but that may be for which doors actually unlock. I have had my locks misbehave like yours a couple times before and both times was after a few days of the car not being driven. They are fine now.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe that may be battery related (so, sorta what @Artie said). If the battery is really low I think it turns off the “always on” sensor that’s looking for the fob in all locations except the drivers door. Just as Artie said, it’s happened to me a couple times after I’ve been running a lot on accessory mode and it always comes back.

I have no information to back this up other than personal experience.

OP
OP
Z

zoey2015

Reaction score
After cleaning all the exterior sensors and cameras, all the IA locking and unlocking are working as they used to. Interesting!
Thank you all for sharing your experience!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

George Niehaus

Reaction score
Having same issues with Intelligent Access and doors (other than driver door) not responding to touch to lock or unlock. Called the dealership today for an appointment to diagnose and hopefully fix issue. On a side note....also still having trouble with outside mirrors intermittently adjusting and making clicking sound when going to enter vehicle. Supposedly went to the dealer and fixed after a reprogram for both outside mirrors. Anyone else with these issues? Very annoying!

rx7gslse

Reaction score
the vehicle stops scanning teh other handles when the voltage is low. Could be a lot of short trip,s or could be the battery on its last leg... You'll notice the auto stop/start won't engage either (will show auto stop/start not enabled, vehicle charging) when the voltage is low.

Mine is doing it to.. . likely time for a new battery.

Jeka

Reaction score
Low battery for sure. Mine does the same if I’m working on it for few hours without starting engine - continuously open/close doors which triggers power running boards, lights, etc.

George Niehaus

Reaction score
Having same issues with Intelligent Access and doors (other than driver door) not responding to touch to lock or unlock. Called the dealership today for an appointment to diagnose and hopefully fix issue. On a side note....also still having trouble with outside mirrors intermittently adjusting and making clicking sound when going to enter vehicle. Supposedly went to the dealer and fixed after a reprogram for both outside mirrors. Anyone else with these issues? Very annoying!

Update- Got car back with mirror issue/problem(from above) and it is fixed!-Yea!! Unfortunately, dealer couldn't replicate the intelligent access issue I was having (from above)and so far it hasn't done it for me either. Hope this issue fixed itself.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update- Got car back with mirror issue/problem(from above) and it is fixed!-Yea!! Unfortunately, dealer couldn't replicate the intelligent access issue I was having (from above)and so far it hasn't done it for me either. Hope this issue fixed itself.
I had a similar issue with the key. It was after I had the ignition on for an extended time without the engine running. It could be battery charge level related as others have mentioned.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkxr4