Interesting take on auto industry woes/falling new sales

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A salesman told me their new car sales are strong as ever right now. Said the incentives and financing offers with this virus are keeping people coming in the door ready to spend on top of the line models in droves. They are doing separate appointments where you go in and meet the sales staff.

In other news my marina sent out letters demanding full payment ahead for me and my friends slips this year because their slips are a “hot commodity” and can’t guarantee our spots if we don’t pay now. Marina was 50% vacant last year so the economy must be bustling with thousands of brand new boat sales to fuel this mass influx of boats!

The moral of the story? I don’t buy either claim LOL.

Last edited:

guspech750

Reaction score
I’m a used car buyer type of buyer. Buuuuut when my wife finished her dual masters program and at the top of her graduating class. She deserved something new. We went out and bought her a brand new 2014 SHO. We got it for a good price. I was ok with the depreciation loss as we keep our cars for a very long time and I take great care of them. Her SHO has been flawless. No issues yet. We still love that SHO. If I wasn’t in the market for a SUV. I would have bought a second SHO for myself.

When I was in the market for a pickup or large SUV back in late 2017 early 2018. I was in no way going to buy a new vehicle. I bought a perfect condition 2017 Expedition XLT EL with 30k miles. Paid $35k for it. It’s been fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I don’t believe the “newer” vehicles are more reliable than older.
My 1992 BMW735i gave me 295,*** before she gave up the tranny 2 years ago. I was original owner. On newer they’ve had so many problems w VVT and oil consumption you can buy a recent used 7 series for $10k and it sticker price at $80k.

My 2000 Expy has 196,***. Never an engine or tranny or drivetrain problem ( searching for wood). I’ve read tons of issues w ecos, VVT’s w their cam phasers, chain guides, oil pumps etc.

A repair on a 2017 when it’s off warranty will be far more expensive.