Interior Lights on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fcdonadon

Reaction score
I just got a brand new 2021 Expedition, Limited. I’m loving the car but really disappointed with something. My kids keep turning on the interior lights, so when I leave the car and lock the doors I realized that those forgotten lights will not go off! Even worse, I literally need to turn the car completely back on (engines on!) to be able to turn them off! I thought that to be ridiculous for a $70k vehicle. Am’i doing something wrong? Isn’t there a way to make those lights go off whenever the car is shut down? Or at least be able to turn them off without having to turn the whole car on first??? I appreciate any help because I found nothing in the manual.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do know that in my 2015 Expedition and my 2006 Mercury Monterey that if the interior lights are left on, that the car will shut them off after like 20mins of no-activity in the car to save the battery.